What video game system?

fawcett

Sep 10, 2003
Cohasset, Ma
I want a video game system to have fun with and possibly help my driving skills.
I like the PS3 but at $600 before games its really expensive. Xbox looks cool but I dont like the controllers.

What do you guys use/like? I also want to get a steering wheel with pedal shifters and if possible gas/brake pedals.

I race Karts - A CRG RoadRebel w/ a 125cc Rotax spec engine in the Sr. Rotax class - and I want every edge I can get. A couple guys I race with have a similar setup and they race eachother online. They run upfront and they say it helps so I "need this."

What should I get? I am looking at racing games specifically but have zero experience with the new game systems.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I would go with Atari. The graphics are sick.

:lol:

seriously, imho:

if you're looking to "get down to business" you'd probably be better off w/ the ps3 or xbox360. hell, maybe even a regular xbox or ps2 might be good enough--those gran turismo games are awesome and seem like they definately aid in building up driving skill.

the ****ty thing is the cost. outrageous, if you ask me.

my fiance bought us a wii and it's really fun. the only driving game i've tried is need for speed carbon, but that isn't gonna help you w/ skill much. it's way more competative when it comes to the fun factor and price, though i'm not sure of the driving games that are going to be out for it, nor the steering wheel/pedal accessories. it's worth looking into, though.

What system do they have?

You wont be able to play them if you have different systems.

+1...

i would suggest 360 over ps3, but thats just my personal experience... i have mine hooked up to a 37inch LCD HDtv from Dell and its absolutely crazy... if ur goin by clearity, xbox360 is NORMALLY ran off a 720p... u can run it @ a 1080, but not every1s tv is a 1080... ps3 is ONLY ran in 1080, so it on a normal tv might not look as clear... either way the graphics are sick...

food for thought...

I get where the pedals go (the floor) but where do you guys put the steering wheel? I'll probabally be sitting on a couch infront of an "old school" regular normal size 29in? glass (flat-not curved) screen sony tv.
The Logitech steering wheel looks like it hooks to something but what?

Does anyone know if the prices are going to come down anytime soon?
I like the PS3, my friends/competition use the Xbox but that doesnt sway me enough. I think the PS3 has more gams, especially with all the PS2 games.
Its just so damn expensive!

I thought they dropped the price of the ps3 down $100 today.

I have a 360 and couldn't be happier with forza 2. and I have alot of shooting games. and also HALO 3.

the steering wheel can sit on a table or strap to your lap.

I have to say because of the gran turismo games. good games but tomany useless cars. but they have alot of rare high end cars in them. and in forza 2 and gran turismo you can tune the cars to your liking.

Good luk. (dont go to the dark side.)

Does anyone know if the prices are going to come down anytime soon?
I like the PS3, my friends/competition use the Xbox but that doesnt sway me enough. I think the PS3 has more gams, especially with all the PS2 games.

PS3 has far less games out that are worth playing right now...despite the price drop, I'd still go with the 360, the three year warantee is pretty good

I just bought a used ps3 yestersay for 430 because of the price drop.I havent got a chance to play it really yet.But my brother has gears of wars on his xbox 360 and its fun to play online and the graphics are great.

Ps3 did drop to 499.99 today.

PS3 has far less games out that are worth playing right now...despite the price drop, I'd still go with the 360, the three year warantee is pretty good

And your going to need it when the "Red Light of Death" eventually rear's its ugly head.

Ive had a PS3 since they were released. Yes its been a slow start for games for the PS3 but its always like that when new systems come out, was the same way for the 360 and for the PS2. If you want a well built quality system that has some huge heavy hitting games coming out soon then get the PS3. If you want a system that is prone to over heating and chances are will eventually need to be sent in for repair then get a 360.

The ONLY way I would get a PS3 is if GTA IV was coming out only on it.

But I have heard that Assassins Creed is supposed to be insane.

Assassins Creed is a multi platform game, its coming out for the PS3, 360 and PC, it was never an exclusive for any system.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=20+Gig+PS3&category0=

Just a little food for thought.

http://www.playb3yond.com/

Even at $500 its still wicked expensive. Ebay has some sellers with them being sold for $325 but what about the risk involved? I cant exactally bring the thing back to the seller if it breaks. I can atleast bring it back to Walmart if it cooks itself out.
Whats up with the XBox 360? Is it probe to overheating?
I like the racing games that the PS3 has better, that F1 game looks sick.
After going to Circuit City and Walmart I saw that the games were almost identically priced.

Most people have suggested the XBox360, does that still stand?
Do you think that the cheaper PS3 prices found on ebay could be trouble?
Im still unsure how to feel on that one.
Thanks guys

Even at $500 its still wicked expensive. Ebay has some sellers with them being sold for $325 but what about the risk involved? I cant exactally bring the thing back to the seller if it breaks. I can atleast bring it back to Walmart if it cooks itself out.
Whats up with the XBox 360? Is it probe to overheating?
I like the racing games that the PS3 has better, that F1 game looks sick.
After going to Circuit City and Walmart I saw that the games were almost identically priced.

Most people have suggested the XBox360, does that still stand?
Do you think that the cheaper PS3 prices found on ebay could be trouble?
Im still unsure how to feel on that one.
Thanks guys

The PS3 has no over heating issues, the 360 on the other hand...take your chances. I have the F1 game its really fun. The Cheaper PS3 prices are the 20 GB systems which sony no longer makes b/c the are sticking with just the 60 GB system. Those are some good deals on Ebay. The PS3 is a reliable unit, if you have the recipt from the store it was bought from and if something did go wrong just take it back to the same chain store and tell them you got it off Ebay.