What wire for lights?

avelleno

Feb 24, 2004
guys,

just installed the A-pillar pod. And i have 2 autometer gauges-i want to hook the lights-What wire off the light switch-do I tap in for power???

Oh-Its a foxbody, 1991 LX............

Many thanks-Anthony :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Is that wire coming from?

Rick,

Is that wire coming from-the Light switch harness on the upper left hand side, or below on the dimmer switch hanrness???

I am looking for the wire up in the swicth harness..... Can ya let me know-dude.

Thanks-Anthoiny :flag:

hey i have the gauge cage with 3 eletrcial gauges here and im wondering where to tap into the dimming lighting..i was going to do it at the a/c controls but there is no blue wire with a red tracer? which one is it??? and is it OK and SAFE to tap into the 12v power ACC. source at the radio harness to power all 3 gauges...??
id like to tap into everything thats near the vents here so its easier..

PersonallY!

I would tap intot he dimmer lighting, Who cares to dim it anyhow!!!!
i would not tap into the radio or heater either, Just go straight to a 20 amp fuse in the panel with Key power-connect it directly-It will be fused up as well.
And just try to find the positive for the lighting-and your done-then run the sender wires through the firewall grommet!

Bingo-Done-Anthony :flag:

yo alright im trying to put this together and that little metal bracket the goes on the back of the faceplate to secure the gauges from sliding around is a POS...its not even bent right..it doesnt tighten down the center gauge at all...i tried bending it dif. ways and still doesnt work..when i tighten down the 2 screws i hear cracking and im afraid im gonna fockin break soomething...good god why is stuff so cheap...anyone else have this problem?

hmm..u guys are confusing me about where to tap into for these lights....
like for example...i find the fuse on my fuse box ..like for the igntion/power for the gauges..i guess it would be the ACC. fuse to go on with the key...when i find that..all i do is wrap the wire around the not hot end of the fuse and stick in back in there??!! is that safe?!