What would you buy with $1000....? At a Pontiac GMC dealer.

jordanvraptor

Founding Member
Aug 3, 2002
Oregon City, OR
Got one of those "come buy one of our over priced cars at one of our clearance sales" letters from the local Pontiac GMC dealer. Well it has one of those scratch and win tickets inside where you win anything from a $5 cash to $1000 shopping spree.

Well, I scratch it off and its the $1000 shopping spree. :banana:

Start reading the fine print for the catch... Can't seem to find one except something about paying for shipping, handling, sales taxes. Certain restrictions apply, etc. Well, I'm wondering where this shopping spree takes place? The dealer's parts dept? If so, what should I get? Any suggestions?

I was thinking a set of 24" Chrome wheels from the GMC parts dept. Should be able to sell those on Ebay fairly quickly.

But, knowing my luck, I only get the shoppping spree if I buy a new GTO or something like that... :shrug: I'll find out Friday when the "sale" starts... :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

I think Will has a point....All you really need to do is just buy an operational part from the parts department and the part being a "GM" product is gauranteed to fail....so then you can get a refund (maybe in cash)....LOL :rlaugh:

jordanvraptor said:
Got one of those "come buy one of our over priced cars at one of our clearance sales" letters from the local Pontiac GMC dealer. Well it has one of those scratch and win tickets inside where you win anything from a $5 cash to $1000 shopping spree.

Well, I scratch it off and its the $1000 shopping spree. :banana:

Start reading the fine print for the catch... Can't seem to find one except something about paying for shipping, handling, sales taxes. Certain restrictions apply, etc. Well, I'm wondering where this shopping spree takes place? The dealer's parts dept? If so, what should I get? Any suggestions?

I was thinking a set of 24" Chrome wheels from the GMC parts dept. Should be able to sell those on Ebay fairly quickly.

But, knowing my luck, I only get the shoppping spree if I buy a new GTO or something like that... :shrug: I'll find out Friday when the "sale" starts... :rolleyes:

I got the same thing a also won a $1000.00 shopping spree, I'm betting it's scam. I'm sure you have to purchase a car or something. Whatcha think?

Well, I had time to waste so I went down to the Pontiac dealer. Turns out they give you a gift certificate to a website where you can buy all sorts of cheap stuff. The Shipping and Handling you have to pay is about what this stuff is worth on Ebay. I suppose if you went through and ordered a bunch of stuff then resold it on ebay you might make 100-200 bucks profit after you pay all the shipping charges. I'm not going to bother. :p

On the plus side, There were free cookies and punch. :D Also, I did get to look at the new GTO, sit in it, but not test drive it... :bang: It's very comfortable and the shifter is in a really nice position but its throws are really long. :nonono: Oh, by the way Ed, its Yellow... :banana:

The website to the gift certificate is: http://www.goshoppingmall.com/

Oh, by the way, I did do a rolling smoky burnout leaving the lot... :flag: :nice: