What would you with 10k

Spmrks

Sep 2, 2011
I am thinking I have a couple of options. And seeing as I really would like a 5.0 sn95. Choice number one is find a 5.0 sn95 and put whatever I don't spend on the car into it via tuneups maybe some goodies ect.

Second choice is buy a fox and put the rest of the money into it, which overall I think would get me a pretty decent setup with a fox.

And lastly would be use all 10k on a later model 4.6.

And I am stuck without a decision. My debate being the car will be a daily so a 4.6 may be the better option considering that it is a bit more refined, but I hold a special place in my heart for the 5.0.

For those who have switched from 5.0 to a 4.6, what do you think would make a better daily? And the main question what would you do if you had 10k set aside for the car?

I know these topics have been beat to death and I apologize but I have been mulling it over for quite some time now but just cant pull the trigger... maybe some coaxing could help.

• Sponsors (?)

If it were me i wouldn't dump 10k in to a Daily driver mustang. Id go get a nice little honda fit or something.

But if its what you want to do id just stick with a 5.0 mine had 220k on it and was still going strong.

OP - You got a wide range of options at your disposal. Lots of routes to take with $10K in spending money. :)

I'd suggest test driving one of each style car/motor you are interested in before making a choice...

G'luck. :cheers:

Good advice here. That, and TAKE YOUR TIME! Don't get in heat over the first sweet ride you see. Drive them all, promise yourself that no matter how good the deal is, you're just gathering data at this point. Once you've driven them all, you'll have a better indication of what really meets your needs/wants.

10k? In this economy you could probably score an 03/04 Cobra. People are desperate to pay their bills and if taking a hit on a car means them and their family can stay in their home trust me, they'll go for it.

And let's face it, our cars don't even compare to the Cobras. You can drive them every day in pretty much any climate and they are bloody fast right from the factory. If I could trade my car for Terminator I'd do it in a heartbeat!

If you're dead set on the choice you listed, I'd get a 94-95 Cobra (first choice) in the best condition I could find, IF I had extra money left over I'd fix or make it better. If a Cobra couldn't be found I'd buy the best 94-95GT (second choice) I could get and fix it up with the remainder if any. I've had an 85GT, 90LX, 94GT, 06GT and have a 92GT in the garage currently. The 94+ models are better in many areas. Better frame, dual air bags, ABS Brakes, Disc Brakes, better looking, better interior, etc. If you can get a nice 05, 06, 07GT for that money and its decent I'd get it. Out of all the cars I had my 94GT was by far my favorite and wish it was still in my garage. I regret it every day.

Put a down payment on a 06/07 STI. A car worth modding. Or save some more and get a 2011+ GT. If you need a real project, wait a little longer and buy a FFR Cobra kit.

Blasphemy!

You'll be hard pressed to find a car with the power to value factor as an 03/04 Cobra. Our cars can't even come close to their factory power levels without spending half of what they are costing now.

Nothing made before it can't compare and anything made after it still costs an arm and a leg!

Don't get me wrong, my heart lies with the pushrod 5.0, hell I spent a LOT of time and effort putting one in my 99 when it would have been way easier to drop a 4.6 in it!

I'm partial to Foxes. Always have been, always will be... but if it's for a daily driver, you need to buy the newest car you can afford. That will give you the best reliability. I've seen 2005 Mustang GTs go for 11k, and they are LIGHT YEARS ahead of the older cars. (at least as far as DD civility is concerned)

i'd buy chris's car. but if not, look at getting a 05+. personally don't like the style of them but they are more refined then our cars. if you can find a good condition 94-95 then do it but they are harder to find.