What years was ABS standard on Mustangs??

I thought all GTs had ABS, but I was getting ready to purchase some used axles from a 97 GT and the guy said they were non-4 wheel ABS. :notnice: My 94 GT has ABS and I thought all GTs had them, until 04 when they became an option. Is that right??

• Sponsors (?)

You may have it backwards...ABS may not have been standard until 2004. I know for our cars and many years after there were non-abs cars.

From what I have gathered, ABS was standard on 94 but NOT 95. It is true that it was standard on 99-03 but NOT 2004. I know it sounds weird but that is just a way for Ford to cut costs. (in 2004, ABS and Traction Control were offered in a package). I think this applies to both GTs and V6 Mustangs. :shrug:

non ABS cars did not have the magnetic pickup wheels, my car is non-ABS...

yes a "job" you did.., like half the connectors on the main harness were broken, someone clipped the fog light connectors off.... etc. I ended up re-using the one that had been in a FIRE :nonono:.

The alt connectors were hosed, had to repair those... someone clipped the oil level connector off the O2 harness...

Those vacuum lines were trash....

The IAC and TPS were good :nice:.

It's a good thing you "threw in" those fuel injectors, they were junk...

non ABS cars did not have the magnetic pickup wheels, my car is non-ABS...

yes a "job" you did.., like half the connectors on the main harness were broken, someone clipped the fog light connectors off.... etc. I ended up re-using the one that had been in a FIRE :nonono:.

The alt connectors were hosed, had to repair those... someone clipped the oil level connector off the O2 harness...

Those vacuum lines were trash....

The IAC and TPS were good :nice:.

It's a good thing you "threw in" those fuel injectors, they were junk...

Well everything worked fine on the car when I took them off. :shrug: Sorry! I figured you would know that connectors on a car that is 12 years old are going to have some wear and tear, especially on a Mustang that had been tinkered with over the years. Heck I've got half the harnesses on my car broken too (injectors and MAF sensor especially!) :bang: The car it came off of was originally wrecked in the front and when my buddy fixed it he put on aftermarket foglights. I didn't realize your fire had taken so much of your wiring out!

Anyway, I didn't mean to rip you off or anything...hope it worked out well in the end.