What's A Fair Price?

ChaudMasterFlex

Oct 13, 2011
NH
So I was just offered $5000.00 for my Mustang. It's a 2003 GT 5spd covertible. It's yellow with 83k miles on the clock. Should I take 5000? I keep getting crap about "book value" but if you checked the book value on a foxbody Mustang you wouldn't see them higher than $2000.00 - $3000.00
Someone buying my car is looking for either a Mustang or a Mustang convertible and not just any car.
The top and headliner are brand new. The paint has some dings and scratches here and there.

Mods include;

MGW short throw shifter
HID lights
American Muscle 17" wheels with good rubber
4.10 gears
New Koni shocks in the rear
Accufab plenum
Airraid intake
Accufab 70mm throttlebody
BBK underdrive pulleys
Newer SR 150 amp alternator
SR coilpacks
H&R springs and isolators
SCT tuner custom tuned by local shop
Kenwood touchscreen
Spec stage 2 clutch
Lakewood u-joint
SLP loudmouth exhaust
All mods are less than 2 years old.

• Sponsors (?)

If you are writing a thread asking if your car is worth more than $5000, then you must feel that it is. Depending on the overall condition of the interior/exterior and the mechanical well being of the vehicle, you could probably sell it a little higher or a little lower. Mods get you nowhere so don't expect someone to pay a premium for go fast parts. You'll be lucky to recoup 50% of the money you paid on performance parts.

Are you in a hurry to sell your car? Do you even really want to sell it?

I sold my 04 Anniversary GT coupe with 3.73 gears, Borla catback, MM subframes, with about 125k miles on the clock for just under $6g. I got the amount I asked for. My car was in great shape but the mileage was a little on the higher side and the availability of New Edge GT Mustangs around here is pretty high. If I wanted to fight for it, I probably could have gotten an even $6g, maybe a little higher. However, I was ready to sell and didn't want to haggle around with a thousand Craigslist lookieloos.

A good number lies somewhere in between blue book and your personal value of the car. Don't be ridiculous and think that someone's going to give you 10g because its your baby and you think its special. If you can't be realistic with the price better to just keep and enjoy it. Good luck either way, selling or keeping.