Whats a good 4dr car?

i don't need to.

Don't need to read facts? Ah, yes, you're going with the uninformed opinion rule?

500hp and shiny suspension components dont change the fact that its just not that great of a platform unless you ant to do mediocre drag racing.

Like The Mustang being a pumped up Fairmont platform? Back to you not reading the article - guess you missed where SRT-4's were handing LS1's their Azzez on the road coarses...after the LS1's owned the title for years?

nope, and i never plan on it. why? because there are better ways to go faster and look cooler.

Because I spent about $10,000 more sticker on my Mustang GT then I paid for my new SRT-4...and had to ADD about $2,500 in mods so I could STILL get beat by basically **stock** SRT-4?

oh a car mag, awesome. now you're quoting mag facts. sure sign of a good argument.

1000x better than you using the won't-read-the-facts-or-test-results-unable-to-speak-from-owner-experience argument?

dodges are have the worst quality/fit and finish of any of the big 3 in america. most car guys know that. they make cool lookin stuff lately

Last time I checked, Dodge showed a profit while Ford and GM showed a loss. Yes?

but the fact is they've never made stuff to stand the test of time.

Because they don't lay on a 40-year-old design and build on it 2 decades too long?

ding ding ding. while i dont believe in luck it would seem that it has played a big part in swaying your opinion to the realm of misguided neon owners.

More of you not knowing what you're talking about - I've seen several Mustang owners at the SRT-4 forums that had similarly modded Mustangs...and they don't miss their Mustangs and, shock the world, actually enjoy their SRT-4's better. What the heck?

i dont hate the neon, for what it is its a pretty cool little car, but it ain't anything really that special and it'll forever be just a neon.

Like saying decades of Mustangs are just cooler looking Granadas and Fairmonts?

Like I said, if the SRT-4's could do no better than low 15's to high 14's with a good driver, instead of high 13's (at Mustang V6 prices) ...I have a sneaky feeling that Mustang owners wouldn't have as many reasons to get all nasty when they see "SRT-4" - I was the same way...before I actually bought one. Oh well...

:D

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, those darn Neons...

I'm not sure I ever would have went ahead and added the KB to my Mustang...if a 2005 neon (SRT-4) w/ just a Stage 1 computer didn't beat me in front of my co-workers. :mad:

You lost in a KB'ed GT to a SRT-4 with just a stage 1 computer... :lol:

Sorry but if I saw that in person I would have laughed at you, LOL I may have never been able to look at you again without laughing... What the hell happend?

Don't need to read facts? Ah, yes, you're going with the uninformed opinion rule?

so its going to tell me something more than about its features that i already know and probably throw some awards at me right? right.

Like The Mustang being a pumped up Fairmont platform? Back to you not reading the article - guess you missed where SRT-4's were handing LS1's their Azzez on the road coarses...after the LS1's owned the title for years?

last i checked ls1's weren't capable of doing anything other than turning fuel and spark into power. are you saying the SRT4 is better than a C5 vette?

Because I spent about $10,000 more sticker on my Mustang GT then I paid for my new SRT-4...and had to ADD about $2,500 in mods so I could STILL get beat by basically **stock** SRT-4?

and my 240 will school them both, big honkin donkey wang.

1000x better than you using the won't-read-the-facts-or-test-results-unable-to-speak-from-owner-experience argument?

fact: the earth is the third rock from the sun

opinion: the SRT4 is a good car

i dont care where its printed, its still opinion.

Last time I checked, Dodge showed a profit while Ford and GM showed a loss. Yes?

marketing has what to do with a good car?

Because they don't lay on a 40-year-old design and build on it 2 decades too long?

the neon was a decent platform when it was made... in like the early 90's?

More of you not knowing what you're talking about - I've seen several Mustang owners at the SRT-4 forums that had similarly modded Mustangs...and they don't miss their Mustangs and, shock the world, actually enjoy their SRT-4's better. What the heck?

Like saying decades of Mustangs are just cooler looking Granadas and Fairmonts?

Like I said, if the SRT-4's could do no better than low 15's to high 14's with a good driver, instead of high 13's (at Mustang V6 prices) ...I have a sneaky feeling that Mustang owners wouldn't have as many reasons to get all nasty when they see "SRT-4" - I was the same way...before I actually bought one. Oh well...

:D

the problem here is that you think cheap mediocre drag racing ability equates to a good car.

this is kind of a dumb argument for a mustang forum.

You lost in a KB'ed GT to a SRT-4 with just a stage 1 computer... :lol:

Sorry but if I saw that in person I would have laughed at you, LOL I may have never been able to look at you again without laughing... What the hell happend?

No. I didn't. You didn't read my posting - I said I added the KB after the loss.
After the KB I beat modded LS2 GTO's, LS1's, C5's, a pretty nasty Cadillac CTS-V. The only car that beat me, and even it was dead-even from about 30-100MPH, was a modded LS1Firebird using Nitrous. It had a front bumper on me.
It's all good now.

so its going to tell me something more than about its features that i already know and probably throw some awards at me right? right.

What's wrong with that?

last i checked ls1's weren't capable of doing anything other than turning fuel and spark into power. are you saying the SRT4 is better than a C5 vette?

You're saying the Mustang is better than the Corvette (actually the races were with Camaro LS1's) ...even if the Mustang lost to the SRT-4's and the LS1's?

and my 240 will school them both, big honkin donkey wang.

I once saw a from-the-junk-yard $300 Sentra with a turbo so big that they needed to cut a hole in the hood...beat a SRT-10 Truck, but I still wouldn't feel safe in it to drive it across town.

fact: the earth is the third rock from the sun

opinion: the SRT4 is a good car

i dont care where its printed, its still opinion.

Unless it is a Mustang getting the rave reviews?

marketing has what to do with a good car?

Because the Mustang is one of the best "marketing" cars ever produced?

the neon was a decent platform when it was made... in like the early 90's?

Because the Mustang used basically the same platform for, what, 35 years...or so?

the problem here is that you think cheap mediocre drag racing ability equates to a good car.

No, the problem here is that you're having some sort of melted down *issing contest, based on your uninformed opinion of probably never even getting within 20 feet of a Dodge SRT-4...and coming all unglued because I actually like my car after previosly owning my old Mustang GT for 4 years.

this is kind of a dumb argument for a mustang forum.

I expressed my honest opinion to "Whats a good 4dr car?" (the "mustang" isn't a "4dr" ...btw) and the "dumb argument" floodgates were opened soon thereafter...by others.

:cheers:

Agreed.... This thread is seriously derailed,but so far it has not turned into a name calling match so i will leave it open. take this argument to PM's and lets get back on topic.

Sorry about the hijack - Perhaps others can feel free to give their own opinions on their choices of cars. And I just now noticed your "PM" request. Okay.

What's wrong with that?

nothin, thats not the point, its just infomation i already knew.

You're saying the Mustang is better than the Corvette (actually the races were with Camaro LS1's) ...even if the Mustang lost to the SRT-4's and the LS1's?

no, i dont smoke crack. my point was that the LS1 is Fbody + LSwonder = mediocre while ligthweight decent high powered econobox = superior to the Fbody and probably an unmodified mustang too as far as handling goes in a road course venue.

I once saw a from-the-junk-yard $300 Sentra with a turbo so big that they needed to cut a hole in the hood...beat a SRT-10 Truck, but I still wouldn't feel safe in it to drive it across town.

from the stories i've heard i wouldn't feel safe driving an SRT4 like i'd want to... ever.

Unless it is a Mustang getting the rave reviews?

that'd still be an opinion. english lit, much?

Because the Mustang is one of the best "marketing" cars ever produced?

don't care, i like the stang for its affordability nice looks and pretty versatile performance. it ain't a stellar car but its good enough in a ll the right ways to give it the potential to do a lot that other cars (FWD's) simply capable of.

Because the Mustang used basically the same platform for, what, 35 years...or so?

my ranger has had the same platorm for almost that. if it ain't broke dont fix it. it all comes down to marketing and the almighty dollar.

No, the problem here is that you're having some sort of melted down *issing contest, based on your uninformed opinion of probably never even getting within 20 feet of a Dodge SRT-4...and coming all unglued because I actually like my car after previosly owning my old Mustang GT for 4 years.

once again, you've grossly underestimated me.

I expressed my honest opinion to "Whats a good 4dr car?" (the "mustang" isn't a "4dr" ...btw) and the "dumb argument" floodgates were opened soon thereafter...by others.

i believe it was you that kept egging it on, shirly.

you really can't let it go can ya?

ahem... ford galaxy

The only difference is that I gave serious/real On Topic suggestions and when it got into an argument, I based mine on the fact that I have actually OWNED the cars I was talking about - I didn't have to base it on hearsay, gossip, guessing, contradicting statements like "marketing" = bad/= good, 90's is too old/70's isn't too old, etc and trying to act like an SRT-4 and Mustang expert while-owning-a-Nissan/Ranger ...like you've done...yes? yes.

:)

The only difference is that I gave serious/real On Topic suggestions and when it got into an argument, I based mine on the fact that I have actually OWNED the cars I was talking about - I didn't have to base it on hearsay, gossip, guessing, contradicting statements like "marketing" = bad/= good, 90's is too old/70's isn't too old, etc and trying to act like an SRT-4 and Mustang expert while-owning-a-Nissan/Ranger ...like you've done...yes? yes.

:)

dude, you gotta work on this "letting go" thing. i was pokin at ya but there's no need to rehash that stuff, if you really feel the need to have your arguments dissected and belittled PM me and i'll get to it when i can. otherwise, feel free to heed the moderator's advice.

i reeeeeally like the mazda3. very nice little car.

dude, you gotta work on this "letting go" thing.

MakotoS13, preaching letting it go - not letting it go

i was pokin at ya but there's no need to rehash that stuff

MakotoS13, rehashing

if you really feel the need to have your arguments dissected

MakotoS13, SRT-4 and Mustang expert - doesn't own one or the other.

feel free to heed the moderator's advice.

MakotoS13, not taking advice.

dude, you gotta work on this "letting go" thing. i was pokin at ya but there's no need to rehash that stuff, if you really feel the need to have your arguments dissected and belittled PM me and i'll get to it when i can. otherwise, feel free to heed the moderator's advice.

makotoS13 telling crazy person to take it to pm's if he really just can't let go.

i reeeeeally like the mazda3. very nice little car.

makotoS13 getting back on topic

makotoS13 telling crazy person

You? - The "crazy person" that is an authority and expert on cars that you've never owned or perhaps never even driven?

to take it to pm's if he really just can't let go.

makotoS13, still preaching "just can't let go" - not letting it go.

makotoS13 getting back on topic

You were really serious about suggesting the ford galaxy on this thread?