What's better? Need info.

maxima

Oct 5, 2004
whats better the bamachips tune or brenspeeds ?????? for everyday driving and racing ? basically the faster of the 2 ? i have the sct2 hand held tuner i had a mustang shop near me install the tune ,but i think they just install the canned tune off it i have c&l intake sct2 tune , mac axle back and 4;10s and ran a best of 12.9 , with any of these tunes can it get better ? and from the canned tune the throttle response wasnt any better . i allready chirp 1st to second and 2nd to 3rd my cars an 06 gt auto , so the canned tune works good just wondering if any of these are better ,,, thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Dear god man CANNED TUNES are crap.... there good for a minute, BUT, if you have the chance get a custom,by all means its worth the investment in you peace of mind and car. I have an 08 auto with a tune from Brenspeed and the shift points are right on and the throttle response was amazing ! Ive heard great things from both companys so either way good luck !

They're both good, you can't go wrong with either one. Are you trying to start a war here?

lol no just want to get the best one lol, do the custom tunes make the car shift higher with the auto ? and i guess you really feel the throttle response ? my car shifts hard now chirps all the gears ,

Doug programmed my car to shift at 6250 RPM, just after my power starts dropping off. The throttle response with his 93 race tune is incredible as it is very difficult to not chirp the tires from a stop (auto & 4.10):D I can see why they don't recommend the race tune for DD...

Well, SCT doesn't sell the scanners full of tunes. The retailer has to load them on there. So no matter what, even if you order Brenspeed or Bamachips you're still getting a canned tune. You would have to drive to their shop to get a custom tune.

I have had friends have major performance issues here in AZ with the Brenspeed tunes, but then I see people on here talking praises to them. I think if you don't know any better then you will just accept what you get. Your best bet is to find out locally who is the most reputtable tuner and go with them. You already know canned tunes are iffy, so why pay for another one?

The cost of a custom dyno tune can vary. We have a shop here doing them for $125 a piece including dyno time if you already have the SCT. Most shops will be much higher though.

Doug programmed my car to shift at 6250 RPM, just after my power starts dropping off. The throttle response with his 93 race tune is incredible as it is very difficult to not chirp the tires from a stop (auto & 4.10):D I can see why they don't recommend the race tune for DD...
so you have the race tune ? and whats the differance between the race tune, torque tune ,and performance tune , id like the one where its best all around hitting it from a roll , and 1/4 mile

so you have the race tune ? and whats the differance between the race tune, torque tune ,and performance tune , id like the one where its best all around hitting it from a roll , and 1/4 mile
-Performance tune is increased power more so in the upper RPM range.
-Torque tune is increased power more so in the low to middle RPM range.
-Race tune is pretty much the same as the Performance tune, but drastically
increased throttle response.

-Performance tune is increased power more so in the upper RPM range.
-Torque tune is increased power more so in the low to middle RPM range.
-Race tune is pretty much the same as the Performance tune, but drastically
increased throttle response.

More than likely on the race tune he just changed the commanded torque tables to have the car produce more power with less throttle position.