Fox What's everyone's thoughts on this hood?

As gets said here many times... its your car, what do you like.

Personally I like the low rise version of that hood, not the taller "Storming Norman" version. With the Cervini you can make the scoops functional with their ram air kit (if it doesn't already have it).

I don't mind the 1.5"-2.5" cowl hood as well.

Personally I want something different. First I fabbed an all steel 1" cowl rise hood. Had some issues with it requiring some rework and am now adding a 99-04 recessed center section and scoop (again all steel). The other one I am working on is a fabbed replica of an SVO scoop on an aero fox hood. Both I plan on making functional, just not sure which one I will go with so progressing on both. Many will say "that's alot of work". It is, but I have the time, I can do it and want something different than the rest.

Which ever way you go on this, enjoy it.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

There is some truth to this statement.
And i'm certainly guilty thinking that way.
I do expect a lot from a car with a big hood, but not necessarily from a ram air hood.
Now a 4in cowl hood, I expect a race car. Because nobody with any sense puts one on a street car and tries to drive around looking over the top of that thing unless they absolutely have to.
The other reality is that nobody with a 302 should have a hood clearance problem, spacers and tall valve covers make no sense to me. Compensating for poor parts choice by buying a $500 hood and having it painted just isn't logical.

Lol. I have a 5" cowl hood. Granted it looks totally different on an SN with the Cobra R styling. Believe it or not, back in the 90s, we all ran big valve covers and spacers, because well, nobody made low profile valve covers for an SN that would clear stud mount rockers at the time.

Kurt

I remember Cincinnati Composites having a very poor reputation. Don't know if they got any better at making hoods over the years.

Kurt
not sure the previous owner got it well got two cause they messed up something on one so she had 2 somewhere in the 90 or early 2000's its not a bad hood, i would prefer the oe version but thats me. the hood is like 1 of 100 so i guess i got that going for me lol

I think @DudeStang has it too. Not a bad hood.
Yeah, looks like the same hood that’s on my fox (was already on it when I bought it). It’s growing on me and my wife thinks it looks cool so I will probably stick with it for now. I got other priorities on the car besides trying to find a new hood.

Everyone will have an opinion but at the end of the day what matters is that you like the way your car looks.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
As gets said here many times... its your car, what do you like.

Personally I like the low rise version of that hood, not the taller "Storming Norman" version. With the Cervini you can make the scoops functional with their ram air kit (if it doesn't already have it).

I don't mind the 1.5"-2.5" cowl hood as well.

Personally I want something different. First I fabbed an all steel 1" cowl rise hood. Had some issues with it requiring some rework and am now adding a 99-04 recessed center section and scoop (again all steel). The other one I am working on is a fabbed replica of an SVO scoop on an aero fox hood. Both I plan on making functional, just not sure which one I will go with so progressing on both. Many will say "that's alot of work". It is, but I have the time, I can do it and want something different than the rest.

Which ever way you go on this, enjoy it.
I didn’t realize there were two versions of this hood until just now. Someone commented in my YouTube video that I should get rid of the “stormin Norman” hood and I thought that was just some goofy name for the ram air hood, then later noticed the two different versions on AM and that the taller one actually is called Stormin Norman, lol.

I took another look at the listing for the hood. In the second pic you can see there are some fitment issues where the front corners meet the bumper cover and on top of the headlights. The center section is nice how it fits to the grill, the sides are back too far and look a little goofy.

Just my observations

Regarding the Stormin Norman naming. For those that don't remember the racer and the car back in the day. The tall Mach 1 style hood was first used by "Stormin' Norman on his white ragtop racer back in the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users