What's it take to beat a Mach1

Blev

Aug 17, 2003
So. Cal. V-Town
I know there is no way I can take a Mach 1 right now but if I get a good set of heads (comp valve and port), cams how close would I be? I think a stock Mach puts down 305 @ the crank, but what does it put to the tire?

Reason being is I'm sick of arogance. I love all stangs and give props when they are due. But this kid is stock, doesn't know crap about stangs, and thinks he is the shiot. I was also thinking just giving my car the giggles. Input please......

• Sponsors (?)

Blev said:
I know there is no way I can take a Mach 1 right now but if I get a good set of heads (comp valve and port), cams how close would I be? I think a stock Mach puts down 305 @ the crank, but what does it put to the tire?

Reason being is I'm sick of arogance. I love all stangs and give props when they are due. But this kid is stock, doesn't know crap about stangs, and thinks he is the shiot. I was also thinking just giving my car the giggles. Input please......
They make great power and are geared pretty good. I have seen some at the tracks and it surprised me. Some were in the 14s and some were in the 13s.

I say go with the heads and cams,because NX,NOS,or any other of those nitrous companys products will destroy your engine VERY fast if you use it often(like once a week).Thats because NOS hits your piston right as it hits TDC and instead of INITIALLY blowing it down with the rotation,it hits it when straight up and down(TDC) and puts a TON of load on the crank and rods for a split second until it passes TDC,then it blows it down.NOS has a bad habbit of blowing out rings,because of the pressure it puts on everything.I would NEVER put NOS on a car with more than 75K miles,most reccomend not to do it at 50K,and this is because your rings are old and can EASILY blow.Your car would last MUCH longer without it and just slapping on some heads and cams and mabe a few other things so you make sure you kill him,besides if I want to beat someone,I would rather do it by NOT cheating.Some may say SCs are cheating,but your moter still has to turn it,same for turbo,but NOS is just spraying a mixture into your cylinder,and the motor does not have to work for it.Also the power is always there,and you NEVER have to worry about filling a bottle(think about how much money you would spend filling the bottle over the years{if your car ,made it that long},ALOT),and what would really be annoing is if you forgot your bottle was almost empty and then raced a mach 1 or something,and just as you start to pull a car on him,your bottle runs out and he blows back by you.Anyways thats how I feel about it,so I hope you take my advise and sove yourself a ton of trouble.BTW that big shot who sells NX will just make up excuses so he can make you a sale,and try and convince you that every thing will be fine,as long as you use a 75 shot or less...well that is untill you bring him one of your pistons a few yoears later (might last that long if you go with a 50-75 shot and you hardly ever use it.Remember though,NOS can NOT hurt your car if you never use it,but it is worth $600-800+ for a one time/or seldom use against a few cars?).

hotmustang331 said:
I say go with the heads and cams,because NX,NOS,or any other of those nitrous companys products will destroy your engine VERY fast if you use it often(like once a week).Thats because NOS hits your piston right as it hits TDC and instead of INITIALLY blowing it down with the rotation,it hits it when straight up and down(TDC) and puts a TON of load on the crank and rods for a split second until it passes TDC,then it blows it down.NOS has a bad habbit of blowing out rings,because of the pressure it puts on everything.I would NEVER put NOS on a car with more than 75K miles,most reccomend not to do it at 50K,and this is because your rings are old and can EASILY blow.Your car would last MUCH longer without it and just slapping on some heads and cams and mabe a few other things so you make sure you kill him,besides if I want to beat someone,I would rather do it by NOT cheating.Some may say SCs are cheating,but your moter still has to turn it,same for turbo,but NOS is just spraying a mixture into your cylinder,and the motor does not have to work for it.Also the power is always there,and you NEVER have to worry about filling a bottle(think about how much money you would spend filling the bottle over the years{if your car ,made it that long},ALOT),and what would really be annoing is if you forgot your bottle was almost empty and then raced a mach 1 or something,and just as you start to pull a car on him,your bottle runs out and he blows back by you.Anyways thats how I feel about it,so I hope you take my advise and sove yourself a ton of trouble.BTW that big shot who sells NX will just make up excuses so he can make you a sale,and try and convince you that every thing will be fine,as long as you use a 75 shot or less...well that is untill you bring him one of your pistons a few yoears later (might last that long if you go with a 50-75 shot and you hardly ever use it.Remember though,NOS can NOT hurt your car if you never use it,but it is worth $600-800+ for a one time/or seldom use against a few cars?).

go ho to - it's also a near sea level track only about 400-500 above sea lvl. so that helps too.

http://www.activenitrous.com/faq.php

HM - i can think of more than 10 people who spray thier daily driven rides not only once a week but usually a couple bottles a week in the summer, one friend in particular has a 230k miles 5.0 and sprays 125 on it all the time.
there is alot of false information in your statement. Fact is, if you tune it right N2O is as safe a way to make power as anything else out there.

"Thats because NOS hits your piston right as it hits TDC and instead of INITIALLY blowing it down with the rotation,it hits it when straight up and down"

- Only ricers call it NOS.
- your engine typically fires the spark plug 40 degrees before TDC, this is called timing, it can be easily retarded to compensate for Nitrous. your comment about rings blowing out after 50k miles. . . complete horse ***! Ring lands (part of piston) are the most common thing to fail when using N2O and i would like to see a pic of somone "blowing out rings"
90% of nitrous related failures can be contributed to user error.
proper tuning = a happy long lasting engine, sprayed or not.
-nitrous is cheating :rlaugh:
go learn a few basic mechanical and chemical principals then try to convince somone you know what your talking about. :notnice:

Go HoTO! said:
Joel, that is an insane time on the MACH 1! I believe it, but very impressive. The MACH 1 is reported to run with a Cobra pretty well in stop light style racing, but will eventually pull ahead (comment from MM&FF).

Think again, that's pretty much normal. I don't know where you're getting fed your information from, magazines maybe? I ran a 13.19 bone stock with mine. As it sits now, I should be able to run high 12's, so don't go thinking it's going to be some walk in the park to get a GT up to a point where it can beat a Mach 1.

>>>>> hotmustang331 definately has a bad case of "bottle envy" <<<<<<

Every car I've owned but one(my 87lx 2.3 turned 302) has been graced my nitrous, even my 79K (at the time) V6 F150. That thing sucked the juice down like a 5 year old on a Capri Sun.

I guess I can let a little secret out (it's not in my sig. . . . :D )>>>>>>
me_012.jpg

TR03Mach1 said:
Think again, that's pretty much normal. I don't know where you're getting fed your information from, magazines maybe? I ran a 13.19 bone stock with mine. As it sits now, I should be able to run high 12's, so don't go thinking it's going to be some walk in the park to get a GT up to a point where it can beat a Mach 1.

Just to help further validate your point. I ran a 13.2 @ 106 MPH in my bone stock Mach.. I put down 289 RWHP with just a catback later on..

That translates to 340+ at the crank.. Machs are underrated like Cobras from the factory.

:stupid: A guy in my platoon has an 03Mach and he ran a 13.7 after about 5 runs. They included three 15's and a pair of mid 14's. He can't drive worth a **** and I was watching him from just ahead of the line and could tell he was sending quite a bit of ET up in smoke. I drove it on the street (he's scared I will break it on the track....go figure) and that mofo no doubt has the balls to back up the claims- yes I have an excellent a$$-dyno.

With gears, good tires and driving, and a 100shot you can get him, 150 shot and he's dust.

Hmm looks like the few nitrous guys whos motors are actually together are standing up for it LOL.Now look,I have a 500 HP 66 mustang that I bought all the parts for,and that me and my dad put together,so I know what the crap I am talking about when it comes to engines and I have seen TOO many experianced people with melted FORGED pistons and YES blown rings,busted cranks and everything else to ignore the dangers of NOS (I call it that cuz its faster to type than nitrous you retard).Even people who use it right,screw up there engines,but I have my cousins gratuation to attend.See ya.