Whats my '65 EFI Mustang worth?

88 Fox GT

Nov 18, 2002
Iowa
I have a '65 Mustang that I restored and converted it to EFI.

The engine is out of a 1994 Mustang GT and it's using a Fox (87-93) computer (A9P).

The engine has a TFS intake, BBK 75mm throttle body, BBK cold air intake, Aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and fuel pressure gauge.
Exhaust consists of Flowtech 1 5/8" headers, BBK X pipe, and Flowmaster American Thunder (taken off the 1994 Mustang).

It has a new OEM clutch. Tranny doesn't grind, but you will get a little grind out of it if you shift too fast on the 1-2 shift while it's still cold. Engine doesn't burn any oil, doesn't smoke a bit and runs really strong.

It has the 3G alternator and high torque starter as well.

It needs to be finished out though. The EFI swap is about 90% done. The paintjob on it is only 3 years old but I've changed some stuff around and it could use a repaint. Front end sqeaks so I think it needs new a-arm bushings or something. Driveshaft was cut but the driveshaft shop said it can't be balanced because it has a rubber insulator or something so it will need a new driveshaft. The underside has some rust. It needs a new hood because the old one had a hole cut in it for a hood scoop and the decklid has holes drilled in it because it used to have a rear spoiler (stupid). Here's some pics.

View attachment 463740

View attachment 463742

View attachment 463744

View attachment 463746

I was thinking about asking $7000 for it on eBay. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Hey I'm looking to do the same thing with a 94 5.0 in my 66, I was wonder if you could give me a little advice?
The guy I bought the motor from set the 94 takes a different oil pan and also different pulley than the 87-93 motors. Did you have to deal with any of these, and are your headers shorties?

Thanks
MJ

Speed is that you? I like the foxes but that is a 65 mustang right there. You're probably selling it to ease up some cash, but man there has to be another way.

For value, it looks like going rate for lightly modded coupes is between 5-8 grand. According to ebay, all you need is a set of 17x8 TTII's and you can put a 18,000 buy it now price tag on it! :D

Just noticed, is the radiator support reall that bent up outta shape or am I seeing things?

Noticed the same thing - along with the passenger inner fender. Obvious damage really hurts sale value - especially on ebay, where all they have to go on are those pictures.

MrBobMarley said:
Speed is that you? I like the foxes but that is a 65 mustang right there. You're probably selling it to ease up some cash, but man there has to be another way.

For value, it looks like going rate for lightly modded coupes is between 5-8 grand. According to ebay, all you need is a set of 17x8 TTII's and you can put a 18,000 buy it now price tag on it! :D

Just noticed, is the radiator support reall that bent up outta shape or am I seeing things?
Yeah it's me. :D

I've always wanted a really nice Fox body and now that I have one, I need to sell the '65 because of money issues, like you said. Sure, I'll miss it, but I gotta do what I gotta do.

I don't think the radiator support is as bent up as it looks. I think that's the rubber all warped up, but I will have to look at it closer.