Whats next. ('08 GT mod advice needed)

Adam0414

Aug 29, 2007
A couple Saturdays ago I bought my first new car. '08 Mustang GT/CS 5 speed Manual. Its a beauty. Today I am taking it to a place called Mustang Specialties here in South Florida. Friends have told me to get a cool air intake, chip, remove the cats, and run some nice exhaust (not tips). I am very new at this as my old vehicle was a '01 F-150. I did nothing to do with HP to that vehicle. Can anyone give me some suggestions to what else I should do later on. *Excluding a super-charger (as its not in my price range at the moment) Any ideas will help me allot. -Adam

• Sponsors (?)

CAI and a tuner not a chip. Predator and SCT Xcalibur II are the most popular, buy them based on who you plan on having doing your tuning I would say.

If you don't have to get the car inspected then throw on an offroad X or H pipe and a axle back although the axle back will have minimal horsepower gains it is more for appearence and sound. If you have the 3.31 gears I would say you will want some 3.73's or 4.10's next depending on what your plans are for the car. Pulleys, maybe charge motion plates, if you have the money long tube headers, and you would have a pretty good start.

Also most of your questions can be answered on the first page of the tech forum, go back and read about the first three pages and you will learn alot if you have the time.