what's the best car cover??

SaleenGT2001

Jul 18, 2005
Four Oaks NC
i'm looking to get a good car cover b/c i'm tired of having to wash my car every week when i dont drive it but once every 2 weeks or so. i want a good quality cover the car is under a carport but still sort of open to all the elements except rain. the saleen cover is almost $200 i'm hoping i can get one for less than that.

• Sponsors (?)

There are a few places that sell discount car covers. I know mine is called a "noah"-or something like that. It's a mainly indoor cover w/ extra paddding against bumps and dings, it's also waterproof so it can be used outside. I think it was 175 or so on Cal. Car Cover, I paid 130 shipped. Can't remember the site, found it on yahoo...

Good thread. I want to know of a good outdoor one that will not degrade. I have a 'Wolf' cover now (had it about 2 years), but it's ripping bad and I need a new one ...

a garage would be nice. at least i have a carport i was thinking abour closing it in but then decided not to b/c i plan on adding on to my house in a few years and making a new master bedroom where the current carport is. then i can add the 2 bay garage along with a new shop out back

5.0's 4 ever said:
I have a steeda one for my cobra, it has held up perfect outside and offers some good protection from the elements.

When you take it off, like after rain or a couple days/weeks of sitting, is it dirty? Like say you waxed it then parked and covered it, is it still clean when you take the cover off? My wolf one would keep my car 'clean' for about a year and then the sob started falling apart ...

It keeps the car pretty clean as long as you don't let water puddle up on it after it rains. It is water resistant but not waterproof, a car cover has to breath a little to avoid mildew and paint oxidation.

Don't compare the car covers with only just prices. If you bump the brassier one, than quality may suffer.

It depend upon you what sort of conditions and car you have?
Let say, do you have heavy duty car, luxury car and so forth, but generally speaking if you are trying to acquire some comprehensive features contained car covers it should have following:

• 100% water proof
  • Breathable (otherwise you will see color fading)
  • Wrinkles free (even after several folding)

i'm looking to get a good car cover b/c i'm tired of having to wash my car every week when i dont drive it but once every 2 weeks or so. i want a good quality cover the car is under a carport but still sort of open to all the elements except rain. the saleen cover is almost $200 i'm hoping i can get one for less than that.
Well, since you made this post four years ago I will assume that you have made your decision?

I also have a Steeda cover. It fits my 2011 Mustang GT perfectly and even has a hole for the rear antenna plus it has the Steeda logo on the front of the cover. It's a nice snug fit but I don't use it everyday cause I'm lazy and it takes about ten minutes to put it on and to adjust the straps in the front and rear of the car. It came in a nice storage bag with the Steeda logo on it. The only downside to the cover is that it's not wrinkle free. A large cover crammed into a small storage bag will cause it to have wrinkles.

I also have a Steeda cover. It fits my 2011 Mustang GT perfectly and even has a hole for the rear antenna plus it has the Steeda logo on the front of the cover. It's a nice snug fit but I don't use it everyday cause I'm lazy and it takes about ten minutes to put it on and to adjust the straps in the front and rear of the car. It came in a nice storage bag with the Steeda logo on it. The only downside to the cover is that it's not wrinkle free. A large cover crammed into a small storage bag will cause it to have wrinkles.