whats the best clutch for my daily driven mustang

Dip In Traffic

Founding Member
Jun 2, 2002
queens,ny
im having trouble selecting the best clutch for my application..
right now this notch serves as a daily driver ...its stock and it gonna recive the normal minor bolt ons ....next year when i bring my "street car" out for the spring ide like to build a turbo kit for my notch....whats a good clutch for my situation....btw even tho its still a daily driver i still like to drive it hard

who are some manufacturers
where can i purchase one
how much

• Sponsors (?)

Zoom Kevelar grips very well yet has a lighter pedal feel than stock! :nice:
zzz-hp48-1.jpg

It's $259.95.

Attachments

• zzz-hp48-1.jpg
    zzz-hp48-1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 82
I just seen that Zoom in the new Summit mag yesterday and was going to ask about it on here, I think I found the clutch I'm goina get this winter. At first it was a Spec, then I heard they may have TO bearing isssues, then a Hays, but I like the Kevlar idea of the Zoom. I have never did any research on McLeod, where can I find those?

V8Only<Jeremy> is a good friend of mine & I think he has a pretty good handle\advise regarding clutches. I personally use the Ram Heavy Duty clutch assembly. It had worked extremely well & Has lasted\survived several years of abuse without a hitch. A little more pedal effort than stock; but not to bad to most whom have driven my car for themselves to see(including Jeremy). Just a simple FYI; I think the cable routing makes a huge difference in pedal effort no matter what clutch you decide to run. I had to reroute mine three times to get the least amount of effort at the pedal. I run slicks & my et's are listed below. I like it very much & I do not plan on changing to a different unit anytime soon....

Hey Tony, it's really crazy to see you here!! That's pretty cool.

he's right on the money. I've never fealt what I would consider a "bad" clutch feel/effort on any clutch I've fealt. It's almost always the clutch cable routing, this alone will cause all the stiffness and crap people experience. The worst clutch I've fealt for pedal effort is the frpp heavy duty that's in my vert right now, it's so stiff, IT feels like I've got the cable misrouted.

I just drove Tony's car with his clutch last weekend, and it fealt pretty good, and he's been at the dragstrip twice a week for months since I've known him, and he's never had a clutch issue with that ram.