whats the best power adder?

jake98gt

Apr 14, 2004
thanks for the replies on my question about how to hit the 13s. i guess the way it looks form all the feedback is it will take more than just the simple bolt-ons.i just put the 3.55 gears in a week ago so going to a different gear is not an option, i use the car for travel sometimes so 4.10s or 4.30s are to low for my needs.what is the best supercharger out there right now. and does anyone know anything about or have one installed on their 4.6 stang,the ford racing m-6066-m462 supercharger.

• Sponsors (?)

depends on what you want to do. I say Paxton Novi 2000. I read someone got it to 25 psi of boost. For highest horsepower centrifiguals are better, but for tons of low rpm boost a twni screw / roots blower like a Kenne Bell would be what you want.
Turbos are awesome too, but I like my exhaust sound too much.
Just say no to baby bottles.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Definately all depends on what you are going for. If you are more of a drive around town guy, who likes to cruise the streets I would say a Kenne Bell. There are other twin screws but the Kenne Bell is probly the best right now. If you frequent the dragstrip or just looking for high peak HP a cetrifigual may be better for you, also a little cheaper. Either way, you cant go wrong, both should put a nearly stock GT into the 12s and you will enjoy both.

I have a vortech and it was the best upgrade you can go for your car. Kenne bell is expensive but if you do some research you can find a pretty cheap kit. Look on ebay sometimes these guys give them away for cheap have it sent to the company for them to look over it and save your self some dough. Either way any type of blower will be fine.