Exhaust Whats The Best Way To Neck My 3" Prochamber Down Into A 2.5" Catback?

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
ever since I got the Mac 3" prochamber Ive been racking my brain on how to get it to properly fit up to a 2.5" catback system. So with that said what is the best way of getting my prochamber to match up to my soon to be bought Borla system? I see it done all the time but I'm just not sure on the best easiest way to make it all work.

• Sponsors (?)

No not yet since I dont actually have the borla kit yet. I'm just looking at it in terms of wanting to be able to drive the car once I go to put this system on. I dont want to have to deal with having to wait for more parts to come in or anything like that. Do they usually taper down enough to fit or is it a hit or miss type of thing?

EDIT: I went to Borla's Facebook page and asked them this question of if that system would bolt up directly to a 3" prochamber. I'll start there.

Most of them I have seen taper down enough to fit. Can't be sure on that particular one though. Apart from that, it would mean getting 3" socket joints and reducers, and cutting and welding your flowtubes. There is no other way to do it.

Kurt

I have one of those actually and just thought of using it today. I test fitted my dynomax mufflers w/ flow tubes on them up to the prochamber and it slides right up in side of it, so I'm going to try the pipe extender on that and if it works then it should work for the borla kit.

the one I have only goes up to 2 1/2. I'll stop in and talk with an exhaust shop and see what they say. They should be able to expand that flow tube to fit over the ball joint on the prochamber.