Whats the difference between MAF's?

• Sponsors (?)

bayellowstang said:
I have been looking on ebay for MAF's. Most of them are used on blower cars. Will these work on my N/A car. I thought there was a difference.

I can't imagine any difference. But I will TTT for you.

Just make sure you get a good MAF, like a pro-m. You will thank yourself in the end.

Has anyone used the granetelli (sp?) maf's that summit sells? I am curious to see if they work well.
Scott

I could be wrong on this, but I think the MAF's for blower cars are "push through", meaning the blower pushes the air through the MAF, and N/A MAF's are "pull through" meaning the engine pulls the air in through the MAF. I don't know if the blower MAF can be used on an N/A car, but I think they are calibrated differently.

Low-5.0 said:
I don't know if the blower MAF can be used on an N/A car, but I think they are calibrated differently.

My C&L was the same one I used on my car when it was N/A and w/ PRO-M you dont have to get one calibrated for a S/C b/c alot of the time they are easyer to tune when they are N/A even when its on a blown car. The only thing the PRO-M for a S/C does diffrently is richen it up in the higher RPM's.