What's The Difference In These?

Reddevil91

15 Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
IMG_2607.PNG
IMG_2608.PNG
IMG_2618.PNG
IMG_2619.PNG
Hey guys so I'm back with heads questions again. So currently I have a F-303 cam with 1.7 roller rockers on stock heads which I'm guessing are e7's. I'm no mechanic or technician I use to just buy parts and have the guy in town with the sleeper notch Aka old man install my stuff as well as every other fox body kid at that time. Well now years later I'm looking into heads and I see some as Stud mount and other as pedestal. Are my 1.7s and or all 1.7s pedestal mount on my stock 91 gt heads? If I bought new heads that say Stud mount, would I need to change my rockers. So I'm looking at these two head sets. I've read reviews etc and both seem overall satisfied with performance and according to lmr my cam would work fine with either set up. I'm confused with combustion and the intake and exhaust but these two seem very close. 1st are SVEs and 2nd I'm guessing the base TFs. Also some say off road and won't pass emissions is this true? I live in TX so I don't really want to buy anything that I can't drive. My car is planned for just a fun, fast weekend streeter.

• Sponsors (?)

The Trick Flow heads have larger exhaust runners, better springs and depending on your build (pistons cam etc.) may require use of a different piston.
If your car still has stock heads than yes they are pedestal mount and you would need to purchase stud mount rockers for either of these heads.

IMG_2607.PNG
IMG_2608.PNG
IMG_2618.PNG
IMG_2619.PNG
Hey guys so I'm back with heads questions again. So currently I have a F-303 cam with 1.7 roller rockers on stock heads which I'm guessing are e7's. I'm no mechanic or technician I use to just buy parts and have the guy in town with the sleeper notch Aka old man install my stuff as well as every other fox body kid at that time. Well now years later I'm looking into heads and I see some as Stud mount and other as pedestal. Are my 1.7s and or all 1.7s pedestal mount on my stock 91 gt heads? If I bought new heads that say Stud mount, would I need to change my rockers. So I'm looking at these two head sets. I've read reviews etc and both seem overall satisfied with performance and according to lmr my cam would work fine with either set up. I'm confused with combustion and the intake and exhaust but these two seem very close. 1st are SVEs and 2nd I'm guessing the base TFs. Also some say off road and won't pass emissions is this true? I live in TX so I don't really want to buy anything that I can't drive. My car is planned for just a fun, fast weekend streeter.

Don't buy cheap chinese made crap.
Buy the best heads you can afford and build the motor around them.
In this case, get either TFS or AFR heads.

Don't buy cheap chinese made crap.
Buy the best heads you can afford and build the motor around them.
In this case, get either TFS or AFR heads.
Ok so I looked around on Craig's found these. Would these be to much flow formsay a non turbo'd or SC car? But say if I was planning to eventually do so I'd be safe? Or would I be safe even with say the base TF?

IMG_2607.PNG
IMG_2608.PNG
IMG_2618.PNG
IMG_2619.PNG
Quality, Engineering, Longevity,....Horsepower:thinking:
Plus you will never hear anyone say I'm glad I went with the SVE head over the TFW.