What's the fastest 1/4 time run by a stock 99-04 GT?

• Sponsors (?)

I think Evan Smith got a mid 13's back when the 99 first came out..but he can drive

high 13's to low 14's is the norm, but i've seen plenty in the mod to high 14's stock too

13.33, bullitt, full race weight with drag radials. somebody said that a 13.6 was on my list, though the et list is not my list, but a buddies, bill putnam that has been keeping track for years. The DA, or density altitude, and driver are key. Most trap in the 97-101 range, so that is what I would look at more than ET.

Back in 2002 my 01 GT ran 13.45@102 at Beech Bend Raceway on a nice 50* day. The ONLY MODS were drop-in K&N , no silencer, MAC O/R X with welded in Flowmasters and a UPR shifter, trunk was emptied and 1/4 tank gas. A decent 2.02 60' on the stock Gatorbacks. Now that's not totally off the showroom stock, but pretty close. :D

13.33, bullitt, full race weight with drag radials. somebody said that a 13.6 was on my list, though the et list is not my list, but a buddies, bill putnam that has been keeping track for years. The DA, or density altitude, and driver are key. Most trap in the 97-101 range, so that is what I would look at more than ET.

Thanks for clearing that up man. I thought I saw a 13.5 1/4 time with a stock 03 5-speed on his list. Must of had DR's and perfect race conditions(plus his driving skills) As for Bill Putnam:hail2:

Thanks for clearing that up man. I thought I saw a 13.5 1/4 time with a stock 03 5-speed on his list. Must of had DR's and perfect race conditions(plus his driving skills) As for Bill Putnam:hail2:

no problem man! Im really not sure about all of the times, I can only comment on the times Ive updated. However, if they are on the list, than its proboly true. That list is only updated by Bill or one other guy at the "other site" and they are pretty strick on people whose times are questionable. Chances are you may know more about that run than I do. If you have anymore info on the run, let us know:flag:

no problem man! Im really not sure about all of the times, I can only comment on the times Ive updated. However, if they are on the list, than its proboly true. That list is only updated by Bill or one other guy at the "other site" and they are pretty strick on people whose times are questionable. Chances are you may know more about that run than I do. If you have anymore info on the run, let us know:flag:

Yeah, I was shocked with the 13.5 1/4 time being that the guy said it was stock but who knows:shrug: Yeah, but if I hear anything more about that, I will let you guys know for sure:flag:

Lol, these morons on the IGN Cars Lobby are trying to say that a Civic Si will hang with a GT, and that the 2002 Accord V6 is faster than a Mustang GT in both 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile. :rlaugh:

Weird, I saw two stock Civic SI run very high 14's and low 15's at my local race track this summer:shrug: and other stock mustangs were running mid to low 14's. The weather sucked that day:( It depends on the driver I'm guessing.

Lol, these morons on the IGN Cars Lobby are trying to say that a Civic Si will hang with a GT, and that the 2002 Accord V6 is faster than a Mustang GT in both 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile. :rlaugh:

Thats cause theyre probably all little dbag ricers that dont know anything but what thier other dbag ricer friends with hondas say..

I had some kid try to say he could beat me in his moms si...I told him straight up id murder him. He hasnt raced me.

The accord 6 speed coupe v6 can run a mid 14...can keep up with an auto gt with a bad driver I guess?

The v6 auto accord coupe is slower...more like high 14, the 4 door v6 runs like high 15s.

Thats cause theyre probably all little dbag ricers that dont know anything but what thier other dbag ricer friends with hondas say..

I had some kid try to say he could beat me in his moms si...I told him straight up id murder him. He hasnt raced me.

The accord 6 speed coupe v6 can run a mid 14...can keep up with an auto gt with a bad driver I guess?

The v6 auto accord coupe is slower...more like high 14, the 4 door v6 runs like high 15s.

What year of the auto GT's are you referring to? 96-98? or 99-04?

I've run 14.1 in my GT bone stock. I'm not a great driver, but i'm not a crappy driver either.

Still, the same day i ran the 14.1 bone stock, i also ran a pair of 14.6's. They weren't even bad runs, maybe a shift was a little early or i bogged a bit off the line or slipped the clutch too much.

My point is that a mid 14 second accord is only one mistake away from hanging with a stock 5-spd GT. Every time you race, you can't assume since you ran a 14.0 previously, that every run will be a 14.0. Sometimes.....you screw up.

I've run 14.1 in my GT bone stock. I'm not a great driver, but i'm not a crappy driver either.

Still, the same day i ran the 14.1 bone stock, i also ran a pair of 14.6's. They weren't even bad runs, maybe a shift was a little early or i bogged a bit off the line or slipped the clutch too much.

My point is that a mid 14 second accord is only one mistake away from hanging with a stock 5-spd GT. Every time you race, you can't assume since you ran a 14.0 previously, that every run will be a 14.0. Sometimes.....you screw up.

That's a very nice run with 14.1 stock man:nice:

Weird, I saw two stock Civic SI run very high 14's and low 15's at my local race track this summer:shrug: and other stock mustangs were running mid to low 14's. The weather sucked that day:( It depends on the driver I'm guessing.

I'm not sure about the current SI, if I'm right it should be the K20a motor found on the RSX-Type S, which if tha'ts the case they run around the 15.0 mark give or take a couple seconds. An older SI used the same motor as the base RSX which was around the 160hp mark. A V6 accord ON THE TRACK will not beat a 99+ mustang with equal drivers.

I'm not sure about the current SI, if I'm right it should be the K20a motor found on the RSX-Type S, which if tha'ts the case they run around the 15.0 mark give or take a couple seconds. An older SI used the same motor as the base RSX which was around the 160hp mark. A V6 accord ON THE TRACK will not beat a 99+ mustang with equal drivers.

That's what I was thinking, it would be closer with the older 96-98GT's (stock for stock)