Whats the Fastest Car in your Town?

Dusstbuster

I love meat more than anything! I just have a spec
May 31, 2004
Moorhead, Minnesota
Well unlike many of you, I'm lucky enough to have access to a 1320 track about 5 min away from me. Unfortunatly our towns sound ordinance requires the track to shut down at 8pm and it's only available to people like me affordably about 4x a summer for street legal events. This got me wondering, what is the fastest STREET LEGAL car around you guys? Right now off the top of my head we have 2 guys that are really good friends competing for fastest car in town.

1) a 93.5 (i believe) black supra (one of 3 that he owns), it's fastest run was 9.4 i believe and he totally rebuilt it and is shooting for low 8's now

His friend and main competition is Matt Faul, he owns a RWD conversion 90 probe i believe is the year. This is the first summer he's had it on the track sicne the RWD conversion and off the top of my head the fastest non-nitrous run he's passed is 9.41 or 9.47 i believe...i'll have to find the videos...

SO yeah, what's the fastest car in your town/at your track?

Here is a link to that RWD probe from town:
http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701136987&highlight=fallguy

videos on the last few pages...the car is crazy let me tell you!

Video
http://media.putfile.com/2JZ-Ford-Probe-941-at-141mph

• Sponsors (?)

There are some pretty nasty LS1 Camaros/TA's here... several very, very fast Terminators... and a couple of fast Fox's. Sad enough to say I do beleive the majority of the fast cars are imports. There is one guy that has a turbo MR2, bone stock on the outside but it is supposidly almost undefeated on the streets, or something like that.

a guy with a v-tec....when it kicks in lol ............... naw

theres a guy w/ a 9 second fox that lives up the road....i think thats the fastest in my small town in mississippi

exindust said:
Seen a Ford GT around town a couple times as well as a 10.5 second supra

Yeah Ive seen a Lambo or two (Mercialago... or whatever), a couple of Ferraries, but no newer ones. A few C6 Z06's, and quite a few Vipers. There is one N/A later gen Supra that I see. Ive seen one turbo later gen Supra, and heard rumors about how much power he is pushing... ive heard 500, and 700... so it has the potential to move out. The fastest terminator that I know of is at 600hp shooting for more. Ive ran across a boosted RX7 or two (done right). Ahhh... yeah, and there is this one EVO running around that is boosted to hell and back, its quite the monster aswell. There are quite a few quick (not the fastest, but plenty faster than me) Honda's running around. These cars arent riced out either. They are stripped of weight, and either a very strong N/A engine or a well boosted engine is sitting under the hood. A few of them have cages in them aswell.

Theres one guy that brings his supercharged and bottle fed Viper down for an annual car show. This car is plain silly fast, and it looks amazing to boot. Time well spent on it, but im not sure if he is a local or not. If so, he never drives the car... but I think hes an out of towner.

I live in a fairly small town, but our lineup is pretty damn nice. I don't know much about the car scene here, so I don't know who's got a fast modded car. But here are a few stock beasts from good ole Lakeland:

- Lambo Diablo VT (This guy had an incredible Supra)
- At least 2 Ford GTs
- SLR McLaren

I know where they all live, too. :rlaugh: I talked to the guy with the Lambo, he's got a Lightning as well. Then in the same week, he burned out the clutch in the Lambo and his Lightning got backed into. His girlfriend did that. And guess how he burned out his clutch: doing a burnout for his girlfriend. Girls... :nonono:

Also, someone just bought an Elise, but I wouldn't really call that fast compared to that list.

Down here in Russellville.. One of the fastest STREET cars is a modded SRT-10 Viper, Porsche Carrera GT2, or Lamborghini Murcielago.. All owned by the same doctor.

But, my area is like Mustang breeding grounds or something.. every other car is a mustang, I kid you not. Whether it's a fox body, sn95, new edge, s197, or 60's.. No mustang II's tho :)

jasonh_86 said:
Down here in Russellville.. One of the fastest STREET cars is a modded SRT-10 Viper, Porsche Carrera GT2, or Lamborghini Murcielago.. All owned by the same doctor.

Wow... That guy must have a permanent smile strapped on his face.

How do decide which one to drive...? lol. That almost seems like it would be an issue.

:lol:

The other cars in his garage include:

TT black (95?) Supra
TT (95?) RX7
N/A (95? RX7
Benz vert roadster (not sure what kind)
2 Late-90's Lexus 4dr's
and... A minivan :drool:

His son is a lucky bastard.. always getting to drive those damn cars! :mad:

Well I live in a pretty small town so the quickest "street legal" car would be mine, the fasteset would be an old fellow [81 years old] who puts around in a 2001' Vette. I'm pretty sure my Stang is still faster than my TA but I won't now for sure until I can get a chance to take it the track.

We have some Enzo Ferraris running around. one of the fastest at the track that was street legal was a chevet, no joke. This thing was running in the 11s. It was a pretty cool car.

We have a few Mallet Corvette's running around, one is a 396 the other is a 427. My friends dad owns a Lingenfelter 550 TT Corvette, which I'd like to take a shot at. There is a 9 second supra around here too. The fastest thing around here though, is a 500 RWHP Honda motorcycle...I forget what kind..might be an Interceptor. My friend is friends with the guy who owns it plus I know the shop that built the custom turbo for it.

Hard to say because I dont know of everyone and I am sure their are some that havent posted up their times on our local message board, but here is a list.

local timeslips

I do know their is a local sn95 shooting for an 8 second pass this fall. he has went deep nines and you have probably seen his picture all over the net, including my sig pic for awhile. here's the video.. it was posted here awhile back.

before you say time for a wheelie bar, they arent allowed to run them in extreme street... and something broke on this pass. it usually just packs them hard.

http://racepics.net/videos/james/Jay%20Testing%20For%20Extreme%20Street%20Class%20@%20NPR%2012-10-05.wmv

Brian Andersons 1964 Rambler 4 door. I`ve seen it run 7.70`s at 172mph at Silver Dollar Dragway...and then he drove it from Georgia to North Carolina and back on the 2006 Power Tour! /B]

Attachments

• pgd_brian_anderson_z.jpg
    pgd_brian_anderson_z.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 111