Whats the fastest stock 302 short block out there? (no boost)

Ive got a 91 5.0 with Twisted Wedge heads, F cam, bbk shorty headers, mac off road h pipe, mac 3.5 inch dual tip exhaust, cold air intake and trick flow track heat intake manifold. No boost or nitrous and I am running 12.4 ish at around 108 mph so I am wondering what the limit is for the stock short block is. Having been a recent convert from turbo subaru's, this seems very impressive to me. It took a lot to get the subaru down to around this speed and even then it wasnt this fast. So I am wondering what potential lies in this block. Have any of you guys hit 11's with a stock short block?

• Sponsors (?)

I ran a stock long block w/b cam,65mm tb, shorties, offroad pipe, 3.73s and 140,000 miles. Sprayed it with a 150wet system and ran consistent 12 teens for 2 years. No damage to the motor when I disassembled it last year. 11s with a stock short block should be absolutely no problem. Im sure there are some who have run in the 10s with a stock shortblock,just gotta remember that its not gonna last forever at that level.
If you spray yours with a 75 shot you'd bump into the 11s.

FordRangerFan17 said:
3.5" exhuast??? holy ****balls, that's diesel style there!!!

I'm sure what he means is that he has the 2.5inch exhaust but with the 3.5in tips...thats what I had on my 2000 GT and it looked good...but on fox that is a little to big in my opinion...

David

I have a 90GT that went 12.00's with stock block, twisted wedge heads, custom grind lunati cam and cobra intake, all motor on et streets. Then bolted on a nos big shot kit and went 10.80's on et streets with stock block. The 11's are possible with the right parts.