What's The Ideal $34k Daily Driver Build?

the_machina

Jun 20, 2012
Looking into picking up a 2013 Mustang as a daily driver, currently driving a 2011 Mazda Miata, but there have been a few times when I've wanted a little more oomph.

It's a relatively short commute, so gas mileage isn't as much a concern, and I think that the $34000 MSRP level is where things are very interesting.

If you had to build out a 2013 Mustang, keeping it UNDER $34k MSRP (going "just a teeny bit over" is against the spirit of the rules here), what would you build?

I'm waffling between:
GT with Track Pack
GT with Recaros and 3.73 rear end
V6 Premium fully loaded (glass roof, performance package, comfort package, electronics package)
V6 Premium Convertible (pony package, comfort package)
V6 base, performance package and recaros

As a Daily Driver, where the weather is nice 90% of the year (central North Carolina), how would YOU build a mustang?

• Sponsors (?)

Unless you are doing autocross or track days you don't really need the Recaro seats. Go test drive a V6 and a GT to see the difference, it is really up to you what you want out of the car. You are the one paying the $34k. Not that I don't agree with the GT with Track Package votes, that's what I would buy.

Yes you could say that... but then again how many people can say they have a serialized vehicle from Steeda vs. a stock 5.0?

Saw a couple Steeda Mustangs on Woodward last night, definitely stood out more than a stock 5.0.

Just saying.. :cool:

I'd say just GT with Brembo Package, not the whole track pack. If it is just a daily driver, and not a weekend racer, the 3.31 gear is just fine (particularly if the reference point you are coming from is a Miata), as is the standard limited slip diff.

However, in a really nice climate, and if you aren't as crazy for power as I am, a V6 convertible (with performance package of course...don't get a V6 with the standard 2.73 rear) would be really tempting.

On a side note, my current car is a 2011 GT Premium. If I were buying it all over again, I would probably get the GT base. After experiencing leather for a while, I've decided that I prefer cloth, and while I like some of the rest of what the premium trim comes with, I don't like it $3000+ worth.

I can pass on the leather, I have leather in mine as a concession to my wife, I wouldn't get the 3:31 over the 3:73. Test drive both, I really love the 3:73 in my car. Much more lively :)

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2