whats up w/ these heads?

whiteyford0212

Sep 21, 2004
an older guy i know has a pair of 70-72? 351 heads..they have been port n polished w/ 1.9/1.6 valves bronze guides etc.,etc...he had them on his 5.0 and is selling them for 500 bucks..i know they're compatible but are these heads a good deal for the price?

he told me he was running in the 11's w/ them

• Sponsors (?)

whiteyford0212 said:
an older guy i know has a pair of 70-72? 351 heads..they have been port n polished w/ 1.9/1.6 valves bronze guides etc.,etc...he had them on his 5.0 and is selling them for 500 bucks..i know they're compatible but are these heads a good deal for the price?

he told me he was running in the 11's w/ them

Well, that depends, I paid $200 for a set that needed rebuild, I had a valve job done, bought new valves, new springs, cut them for screw in studs, bought studs and guidplates, then spent about a week porting them out.

I know a guy who has run 10's on 351 iron ported heads on a 306. It really depends on the portwork that was done and how well they are ported, I know another guy who ported a set himself and put them on his 331 with a 282s cam, makes over 330hp to the wheels

I would say they are probably worth it for 500, you couldn't build the same set for cheaper than that, I have $700 in mine. But then again you could spend more and get better aftermarket heads.