Whats up with Fox Body Chevy's?

• Sponsors (?)

SeventyMach1 said:
You ever have one of those stories that you're afraid to tell because you KNOW that nobody's gonna believe you? Well, you just triggered one of those. Believe it or not, I have a cat that occasionally barks. I swear it's a dog trapped in a cat's body. She is also trained. So far, on demand, it will speak, lay down, fetch, and stand up. I need to get a video of it.

I believe you.. because I do too..

But its not really a *cat* its a bengal.. even plays fetch and swims in our pond.. thing is messed up for sure.

86bluecobra said:
I'm not so happy with the chevy in ford car myself. Take for instance the most bastardized vehicle going the 32 Ford with the 350 chevy. When is the last time you saw a 32 Ford with a ford power plant.

Carlisle 2 years ago. Guy had a 390 FE stuffed in one. True most use checy crate motors and turbo 350's.

blackened88lx said:
I think one of the main reasons you see small block chevy engines in fox drag cars is because that's what's cheap, effective, and what the person had. Say you're building a drag car, and come across a roller notch, which being light, would make an excellent drag car. Sure, you could hunt down a Ford shortblock and split it in half at 500hp, or put out big money for a dart block. Or, you could just drop in the sbc and have a fast cheap car. I'm kind of a Chevy guy that loves Mustangs. I say, fox=perfect platform, chevy=best powerplants.
I am out there with you man. I am a chevy guy that just happened to fall into a great deal with a mustang. as far as Pinks goes. its a race car. who cares what it is in it as long as it goes fast.he's just in it to flatfoot the loud pedal. not like it was a show car or anything.

It's not cheaper, i just think they chevy guys are tired of having their asses whooped by light underpowered cars.
So they take their 350's out of their mullet mobiles and drop them in a light chasis like the fox.

Only one i've seen that was ok IMO was that ls1 fox, although i'm sure it wasn't all that cheap.

310stanger said:
Personally I think a ford engine belongs in a ford car. Yes an ls1 may be a better, newer design then the windsor ford but why give them any more reasons to brag about the damn motor. You can make more power then you can handle with a ford motor. The sbc's main better feature in design is jus the fact that the blocks are stronger. I never liked the idea of the valve arrangement on a sbc. I think the 5.0 engines sound bettter also. How much cheaper is a sbc really? I doubt its all that much. Im also a fan of the eec 4 system and the layout of the windsor engine. Call me a fuel inj lover so to speak. Just count me as a ford guy and a believer that ford engines belong in ford cars and chevy engines belong in chevy cars.

I deffinetly don't like seeing chevy motors in fox , but there is a bad ass fox a saw with a 3.8 liter turbocharged buick motor out of a gn. The thing moves out!!!

How about a Camaro with a Ford motor...

I found this on another site…

http://users.adelphia.net/~rderaad/HTM%20Pages/Main.htm

It makes up for every Ford product I’ve ever seen with a Chevy motor in it. :D

My $.02
I understand why hot rodders started swapping SBC's in Ford street rod's back in the day; they were cheaper and had a lot more performance parts available. But since the huge 5.0 mustang explosion in the late eighties small block ford parts are more plentiful and cheap. Dollar for dollar you can build a 400 c.i Windsor and make just as much power and not spend anymore money than you would on a 400c.i. SBC. Example: A friend of mine has a ’86 GT with a carbed 12.5:1 410c.i. SBF built with off the shelf parts that runs 9.90’s on motor and weighs 3000lbs w/ driver. This car was built on a pretty tight budget and from what I’ve seen locally at the track and on the street they’re aren’t too many similarly equipped SBC’s running those kind of times.

2000xp8 said:
It's not cheaper, i just think they chevy guys are tired of having their asses whooped by light underpowered cars.
So they take their 350's out of their mullet mobiles and drop them in a light chasis like the fox.

Only one i've seen that was ok IMO was that ls1 fox, although i'm sure it wasn't all that cheap.
It's not cheaper when you're running an ls1, but if it's an old school carbed sbc, it's a lot cheaper. You can make 400rwhp easily with a n/a sbc.

Well i guess hot rodders did it because chevy came out with the first push rod engine while everyone else still had flat head v-8's. But after ford came out with there own small block (push rod engine) no reason to do it any more in my opinion