What's with tuners for Ford!

I just bought an 06 Mustang and am looking for a tuner. I can't find one with the features of my HP Tuner, http://www.hptuners.com/, that I use on my 98 Camaro. This tuner will tune any 98 or 00 car. You get two year cars with the turner. It's not locked to one vehicle. I can have hundreds of bin files (programs), all that my lap top can store, I can name and save my logs and send them to friends via email as well as send my bin files via email. The logs contain thousands of frames. And HP Tuner has a bin repository that I can view hundred of other guys bin files.

And of course complete control of all parameters of the PCM. Not to mention the advantage of features like the scanner Histogram, which I have not seen on others. I have seen the gauge and table display. Do Ford tuners have the Compare file? Have not found it on Ford tuners.

All this for $499. All I see for $379 is one that locks to particular vehicle, won't do any of the above. Don't even think it will change tranny converter lock up speeds.

Come on Ford tuners, lets get busy!

• Sponsors (?)

scro said:
Don't forget, hardware and software are both new. It's going to take time for better solutions.
Perhaps so.

Keith at HP Tuner told me they are working on a tune for 05 and 06 Mustangs so I just may wait if I want to get the best.

bleedingvayneAD said:
Well it looks like you have arrived at a dead end then.
Yep, until HP Tuner comes out with theirs for Ford.

Will yours adjust converter lockup speed? Both lock up and release? That's one thing I would like to change on this 06 along with start up rpm.

SinCityVogel said:
How are the manufactures supposed to make money if they sell one unit for $499 and a "tuning shop or consumer" does multiple cars with one unit?
:shrug:
If HP comes out with such a unit I would like to look more into it...
I don't know but I have tuned one other car without a problem.

SCT has current and former FORD engineers who wrote the factory tunes working for them. Having seen what the SCT Pro Racer Package does and seeing what HP does with GM's. SCT is FAR FAR SUPERIOR to what can be accomplished and you can get their package now. Yes it is pricy but kicks the **** out of HP.

TGJ said:
SCT has current and former FORD engineers who wrote the factory tunes working for them. Having seen what the SCT Pro Racer Package does and seeing what HP does with GM's. SCT is FAR FAR SUPERIOR to what can be accomplished and you can get their package now. Yes it is pricy but kicks the **** out of HP.
I've got an SCT Racers package on the way!