What's Your Daily Driver?

James V

5 Year Member
Feb 26, 2017
Connecticut
Off topic thread. Bought my 93 coupe last year and I daily drive a wrx. Currently selling that wrx and can't figure out what to get next. I live in CT so awd would be a plus. What' your guys opinion on an infiniti g37 or an Audi a5? Or even a newer Ford Taurus?

• Sponsors (?)

16' Ecoboost Focus. I have a 70 mile a day commute. Combined city/hwy. My average speed is 36 mph round trip. Takes 50 min to get into work and 1 1/2 hrs+ to get home. I am averaging 38-39 mpg so pretty happy with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
2009 F150, every man should have a truck, lol. I know that's not practical for long commutes, but luckily I only have a 9 mile drive.

Joe

Reactions: 5 users
Like Joe ^^ said, every guy needs to have a truck (if he's a homeowner) IMO. Super Crew F-150 for me! If a car is for you then I think the new Fords are pretty dang nice.

Reactions: 1 users
2000 Toyota Tacoma 4X4, V6. If I feel like tearing up the trails, I can do it anytime. That truck is a tank. Better yet, no car payments!!!

2013 Honda Pilot, Wife and daughter's daily

Last edited:
2001 Suburban during winter / 2012 CTS V Sedan

I haven't DD'd the Fox in 10 years.

Edit: Since glamour shots:

click to view
CTSV2.jpg

Last edited:
'14 Limited

So comfortable to drive but very confident at speed and handling when equipped with the larger wheel package. I actually have fun driving this pretty aggressively and it get decent fuel economy

IMG_8996.JPG

IMG_6178.JPG

Wife has a '17 Traverse as the family hauler. I'm not a GM fan but I like it. Fold the rear seats down and it fulfills second duty at truck duty

I had a Infiniti G35x previously. Car was a beast in the snow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
The G37 is a nice car. I drive them all the time at work and i haven't run into any issues with them. They just feel well planted and quick. The Audis have come in with issue after issue. The Taurus is a decent car but over priced ( in my opinion ).

I daily a 1998 Ford Ranger 2.5L extended cab 5spd..... the best little truck ever built..... with 209k.

Infinity makes some really nice cars. You'd be happy with one up there in CT. The G37X is one of the best cars I've ever driven.

I daily an old beater F150,320K and still ticking(literally) he don’t owe me nothing lol.
2A98BF53-9353-4DDE-B84C-E18E2CA1B0C1.jpeg

My wife’s daily-LS430, still a pretty nice car for its age .

87E03563-EFD3-4971-BBAE-30A6ADE7C1D9.jpeg

The winter beater, Durango RT. 12 mpg on a good day lol.

160043CA-4C5C-4EF1-A8D0-F9F335686F0A.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
My daily is a 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis. Rides like a dream and can't pass anything on the highway to save its life. Plenty of off the line torque, though.

DSC_0757.JPG

DSC_0758.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
I dont have experience with the g37 but i do currently have a 04 g35 6 speed brembo package car and its a blast to drive. I also have a lowered 03 tl type s a lowered 99 crv and a 03 tundra trd... I have a problem with things that have wheels
IMG_2630.jpg
IMG_2848.JPG
IMG_2397.JPG

73A4DDBF-7112-4C02-A307-63B4C342BD1D.jpeg
350D3163-3B6F-4F38-A8A7-EB80C7980105.jpeg

Picked up the Sentra a month ago . Truck hasn’t been that clean since it had NY plates . Really needs a good detail again .

Reactions: 1 user
2002 Saturn SL2
edited.jpg

Got this thing pimped out with a nice ceramic tint, Radar Detector, GPS, upgraded head unit with connected Ipod, and bluetooth hands free cell phone connection:
20141019_062250.jpg

Got it in 2014. In 3 years and ~58k miles, it has only needed a battery, A/C compressor/condenser, and a radiator fan motor for ~$750 in total repairs including labor. These cars last, and at this rate I might keep it another 8-10 years and make it to 300k miles, like most cared for Saturns do.

Gets low 30s in the city, high 30s on the highway and a best of 42mpg on a single tank. With the 5 speed manual and the 124-ish hp, it can get out of it's own way pretty decently -- was faster than the other economy cars in its class like the Focus ZTS, Neon, and a slew of imports. Being so low and light, it goes around corners predictably.

Favorite features: for such a little car, it's pretty cool that with my 36" inseam, I can still stretch my legs completely out under the pedals on long trips. Fiberglass body doesn't dent when door-dinged, and it probably gets hit twice a week in the tight parking at school, where I can't park my Truck and won't park my mustangs. Since it's the 4-door, and rear seats fold down, it can fit skiis or plenty of luggage no problem.

Biggest drawback: like a lot of economy cars with low tension oil rings, they have a rep for using oil, and I keep an eye on it at fuel stops. It's not bad for me, though. I figure I use around a quart between 4k mile oil changes, maybe slightly more.

2008 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD V8

Damned good truck, goes absolutely anywhere, rides like a dream, tows well, and gets the same gas mileage as the 2014 F150 3.7L 2WD it replaced.

Off topic thread. Bought my 93 coupe last year and I daily drive a wrx. Currently selling that wrx and can't figure out what to get next. I live in CT so awd would be a plus. What' your guys opinion on an infiniti g37 or an Audi a5? Or even a newer Ford Taurus?

The G37 is a fantastic car all around. You couldn't give me anything Audi builds. The newer Taurus is a damned nice car, but the front suspension is absolute crap (won't make it 100k miles without a lot, if not all, of the front end parts replaced).