Wheel Back Spacing Question.

First5.001

May 26, 2016
Searched about 2 hours with no definitive answer. Swapping to 5 lug and planning on running steel D window wheels. A friend said I have have the set he has. They're 15x8 with 4" back spacing. Before I swap and have no wheels that'll fit....Will these work? I keep seeing everyone recommend 5"+ or lower with wider wheels. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

Stay 4 lug until you can find some properly backspaced and offset rims. I'd they are free sell them and add that to your budget. D window steel rims will get you down the road, but damn.....

Rumor is the "pony" wheels are a hot ticket, correct? I'd like to sell them when I get the other wheels.
bec492558a0efb2582c06242d4e2f432.jpg

Hot??? I doubt it. Easy to sell? Yeah, if they are in decent shape lots of guys still running 14 and 15 inch wheels pick them up. Let's not kid ourselves though. It's not the early 90s and there are a butt ton of wheels out there for our cars now.

Reactions: 1 user
300 for a " nice" set that had decent rubber is a fair price. Avg price for less than pristine ponies and worn tires is maybe half of that. Lots of guys ditching 4 lug cobra r's and 5 lug wheels in the 3-500 range. It's killed the stock wheel market.

Ah. Had a guy that parts them out tell me he gets $300 for a nice set. I prefer 15" more rubber between the road and the rim, better ride.

Maybe with decent rubber.

Back in the 90s, they were hot. A good set could easily get $600 or so. There weren't any good 4-lug options and 79-90 guys wanted them on their cars.

These days, plenty of 4-lug options and many guys going 5-lug. The last few pony wheels I sold were at $25/rim without a tire.

Oh and those wheels won't work. They will stick out and you will not be able to turn.

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user