Wheel fitment

Will this wheel and tire package fit on my 88lx? It has sn95 spindles with a team z k member and coilovers. The rearend is fox length with no quad shocks. Can’t return them and just want to be sure. Thanks!
C05BDD14-CA00-419F-9009-3F176352A111.png
2E433787-DEF4-47BB-8AE8-CC0BD644D4AC.png

• Sponsors (?)

Offset/backspacing info is critical here. I have 18x9 all around with +24mm offset. I needed a 5/16" spacer to keep my rim from rubbing my coil over coil.

I have 255/35/18 front tires and because they are shorter than stock and the spacer I don't get a rub on fender or inner fender. In the rear I have 275/35/18 on the 18x9 rims. The next tires for the rear will be 285 or 295 in width. I have fox length axles and the same 5/16" spacer (because it helps the rear look better) and I believe both the wider tires will fit without issue.

Reactions: 1 user
Offset/backspacing info is critical here. I have 18x9 all around with +24mm offset. I needed a 5/16" spacer to keep my rim from rubbing my coil over coil.

I have 255/35/18 front tires and because they are shorter than stock and the spacer I don't get a rub on fender or inner fender. In the rear I have 275/35/18 on the 18x9 rims. The next tires for the rear will be 285 or 295 in width. I have fox length axles and the same 5/16" spacer (because it helps the rear look better) and I believe both the wider tires will fit without issue.
4B220019-68DD-449E-9E53-EB1AA7F53CF8.png

This is the rest of the info on this set. I don’t really know anything about backspacing and offset. I just really like the way they looked. I can roll the fenders if I need to also.

It can be really tricky to fit wider tires on these cars. Production tolerances varied a lot, and different mods can mean that no two Fox Body Mustangs are exactly the same when fitting wide wheels and tires. There are a few things to consider/check:

1. Are your spindles from a 94-95 SN95 or a 96-04 SN95?

2. If you go to willtheyfit.com, you can determine how new wheels and tires will fit relative to what you currently have on the car.

3. Keep in mind that different brands of tires can vary in width despite being listed as the same size.

4. Staggered rims and tires add understeer to a car that came from the factory with understeer. If this is for a performance driving application, a square setup is a better choice.

Reactions: 3 users
I would guess you will probably need spacers, not just for clearance but also to make them look good. I have 17x9/10 on mine with similar offsets. The rear sat so far inside the fender it looked terrible, needed a half inch spacer to push the wheel out to the fender. Front wheels hit the coils overs, needed a half inch spacer up front for clearance, may not have this issue with springs. Math is hard but that's what you'll need to do to get your answer. Or you'll find out when you put them on, like me.

I would guess you will probably need spacers, not just for clearance but also to make them look good. I have 17x9/10 on mine with similar offsets. The rear sat so far inside the fender it looked terrible, needed a half inch spacer to push the wheel out to the fender. Front wheels hit the coils overs, needed a half inch spacer up front for clearance, may not have this issue with springs. Math is hard but that's what you'll need to do to get your answer. Or you'll find out when you put them on, like me.
I appreciate the feedback. I might just buy from somewhere that will take returns on wheels and tires and just go by trial and error. Gonna try to get the math right so I don’t have to use spacers. Should be lots of options for 5 lug. I just like the way these sve wheels looked.

I know you have a lot of info to wade through from the previous replies. With that said, the simple answer to your question is yes, they will fit. You will need to roll your fenders. I didn't get their tires (got a killer deal on some new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S's instead), but have the same rims for my '92 hatch.

I had the same concerns as you do about fitment, tire size, spacers, etc. I was fortunate enough to come across a video on YouTube from a guy called 417Fox. He has a gorgeous hatch with the same exact rims. I reached out to him via Instagram and he was extremely helpful and very informative on the install. I'd suggest going to his channel, check out a few vids showing his car and see if the stance/look of his set up is what're you're after.

BTW, if you decide to pull the trigger, wait until they arrive. They are gorgeous!!

I know you have a lot of info to wade through from the previous replies. With that said, the simple answer to your question is yes, they will fit. You will need to roll your fenders. I didn't get their tires (got a killer deal on some new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S's instead), but have the same rims for my '92 hatch.

I had the same concerns as you do about fitment, tire size, spacers, etc. I was fortunate enough to come across a video on YouTube from a guy called 417Fox. He has a gorgeous hatch with the same exact rims. I reached out to him via Instagram and he was extremely helpful and very informative on the install. I'd suggest going to his channel, check out a few vids showing his car and see if the stance/look of his set up is what're you're after.

BTW, if you decide to pull the trigger, wait until they arrive. They are gorgeous!!
Thanks for the info. Gonna check his channel out on my next break!