Wheel hop - How to stop this?

• Sponsors (?)

you can try either lowering the car or stiffing the motor mounts to take the rubber-band like motion out of them. they have this stuff called windo weld i think it is and you can use it to fill in the gaps on the motor mounts

I've only heard of FWD cars getting wheelhop :shrug:. I got a few ideas - 1) Gently roll into the throttle instead of flooring it. 2) Buy slicks and LCA's. Who said that LCA's don't work? They must have bought the wrong kind.

Joe

I have to say this is one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read. Motor mounts have nothing to do with wheel hop! Absolutely nothing. First of all, how do you know you have wheel hop? Is someone standing on the street watching the back wheels hop up and down? Provide more information so we can be specific in our answer.

jachmar15 said:
MOTOR MOUNTS EFFECT IT BECAUSE THEY HAVE A GAP IN THEM AND THEN WHEN THE CAR IS GOT ON HARD IS LIKE A BAIG RUBBERBAND AND RUNS ALL THE WAY BACK

So, following this theory, any time the engine shakes the vibration will travel the length of the drivetrain and manifest itself as wheel hop? That doesn't seem realistic. I asked the question because I am no expert, but I believe wheel hop to be an isolated symptom, limited to the suspension of the wheel and the axle.

Jon

P.S. Please kill the caps. Nobody is yelling here.

Joes95GT said:
I've only heard of FWD cars getting wheelhop :shrug:. I got a few ideas - 1) Gently roll into the throttle instead of flooring it. 2) Buy slicks and LCA's. Who said that LCA's don't work? They must have bought the wrong kind.

Joe

I have wheel hop in my Stang only right wheel and my brothers have wheel hop in his 96 Probe GT(FWD)
what is difference between wheel hop in RWD and FWD

95BLBLVert said:
I have to say this is one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read. Motor mounts have nothing to do with wheel hop! Absolutely nothing. First of all, how do you know you have wheel hop? Is someone standing on the street watching the back wheels hop up and down? Provide more information so we can be specific in our answer.

Only car that i have been in that has had wheel hop is my friends 300zx Twin Turbo. Its not just when he floors it from a stand still, but if he gives it to much gas around a turn. You dont have to be outside the car watching and its not as obvious as watching for the tire to start bouncing up and down. You can feel it just start "skipping" i suppose.

-Drew

huskerpower02 said:
Only car that i have been in that has had wheel hop is my friends 300zx Twin Turbo. Its not just when he floors it from a stand still, but if he gives it to much gas around a turn. You dont have to be outside the car watching and its not as obvious as watching for the tire to start bouncing up and down. You can feel it just start "skipping" i suppose.

-Drew

Same here.... My buddy's TT RX-7 is a wheel hopping little SOB. I've only seen ONE stang (older than 93) have bad wheel hop... he said he had a bent rim. So maybe this could be looked at???