wheel ramps, has anyone biult thier own?

I'm not sure if I've posted this in the correct place or not, so mods please move this to talk if need be.
I'm trying to come up with an easier way to get under my car than my current system. The regular metal ramps won't work due to my car being lowered, so I thought I could build my own out of 2x4's. If you guys are in the same boat as me and have built your own would you post some picks on here for me to get ideas from. Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

jayssilver4.6 said:
I'm not sure if I've posted this in the correct place or not, so mods please move this to talk if need be.
I'm trying to come up with an easier way to get under my car than my current system. The regular metal ramps won't work due to my car being lowered, so I thought I could build my own out of 2x4's. If you guys are in the same boat as me and have built your own would you post some picks on here for me to get ideas from. Thanks guys
THeres an easy way to do it but don't use 2x4's. Go with some 2x12's and make a type of step design. Get a 4ft peice, put a 3.5ft piece on top, then 3, 2.5, 2 and eventually a 1.5ft piece or stop at 2 if you want. Since a 2x12 is actually only 1.75 inches tall, that would give you a lift of about 10 inches or so. You can always go taller or do what you wish, but this design makes it extremely simple. Helped a guy do this when he came into my workplace ( I work at the Home Depot in the lumber/ building materials dept.) and i cut those peices for him. He said it worked pretty well and the gradual increase kept his chin spoiler from scraping :nice: