Wheel Spacers

WMDPALMER

Founding Member
Feb 28, 2001
Eglin AFB, FL
I put ion some 1" whell spacers this weekend and they turned out great! I have the 98' Cobra's and they looks so much better with the extra 1". Thought i would share that with you. I took a couple of pics and will try and post them. Don't reall y have any good shots because it is in hibernation and the garage is full of ......well junk!

• Sponsors (?)

WMDPALMER said:
I put ion some 1" whell spacers this weekend and they turned out great! I have the 98' Cobra's and they looks so much better with the extra 1". Thought i would share that with you. I took a couple of pics and will try and post them. Don't reall y have any good shots because it is in hibernation and the garage is full of ......well junk!

Please post the pics of this. I need to get some for my 99 Cobras but would like to see how they look. Thanks.

1" wheel spacers

WMDPALMER said:
Mine i got from pacifica performance in the 5.0 Mag. $99.00 is all!

I have them on my car too. I installed the Bullitts to see what they were like before and after. Believe me the difference was amazing. Even the wider 17x9 Bullitts looked like they were still inside the wheel wells till the spacers.

Check out my web site: http://groups.msn.com/Waynes94GT for pictures
Wayne

Here's a few...These are MM 1"

Attachments

• spacer back shot.jpg
    spacer back shot.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 118
I don't think spacers will be needed with rims that wide....i would think rims that wide are going to have different backspacing and make the come out more..

10.5 with spacers would be ghetto to me, and make the tires stick out beyond the body... :nonono:

Chit, I used 1" cause i only have the 98 Cobras...their 17x8"..

I thinking of sending 2 to Weldcraft for widening, but i don't wanna have to run spacers to get them to come out to the wheelwell....they're gonna add 2", but thats gonna be on the inside only. :shrug: I want em wider, but not unless i can get the wheel out to the edge without spacers??? Im confusing myself thinking about it, maybe theres something i'm missing...I need to read up on backspacing 101... :nice:

I dont know if that will look THAT bad.. I have 275's on my 8" rims. Those tires should be flush with the 10.5's. If I look where the tire "bulge" overhangs the rims, and it does NOT come out to the edge. That is why I would think you could still run a spacer with the wider tire, even if it were maybe 3/4" or so..

RC

Spacers

94GTLaserRC said:
I dont know if that will look THAT bad.. I have 275's on my 8" rims. Those tires should be flush with the 10.5's. If I look where the tire "bulge" overhangs the rims, and it does NOT come out to the edge. That is why I would think you could still run a spacer with the wider tire, even if it were maybe 3/4" or so..

RC

Hey RC :cheers:
You too man, thanks.

Forgot to add, I'm calling Rick Anderson tomorrow to see what he says about the oil blow by from the K&N breather and to ask about the MAF bracket I didn't get. I'll let you know what Rick says.

Wayne