wheel studs stripped..how to get lugnut off?

chaos254

Founding Member
Jul 27, 2002
NJ
I just bought 2 new tires for the rear but my main problem is that i know I have atleast 2 stripped studs. The lugnuts just spin and never get tight. How do I get these off without destroying my cobra r rims? Also how do I replace the studs? I think I'm just going to replace all the lugnuts with quality ones instead of the cheap ass ones on there(where do i get good ones?)Thanks.. I need to get this done soon since I need to get the tires on for inspection.

• Sponsors (?)

Yup, I would drill the center out of each offending lug stud. Then go down to NAPA and buy all 10 and replace all of them. For lug nuts, McGard is the only lug nut that I trust. They hardly ever even rust. Good stuff.

wow it spins after its started so the wheel is on but the lug just spins....did it pop out of the hub possibly?? is the nut just spinning on the stud or is everything turning???

i have had great luck with gorilla lug nuts

i have had two stripped lugs on the rear one on the front and a broken one on the other side rear..... i love when you start taking a car apart that you just buy and find stuff like that...

a local sears just put the wheels on it and this is a prime example of why you dont start lugnuts with the air tools.... lol this is not nascar hahaha