Wheel well color opinions

I'm building a mild restomod so I'm not concerned with factory appearance. I was planning on spraying bedliner in the front and rear wheel well areas. The car will be red and I was planning on spraying black bedliner in there but was wondering if it would look better using a tinted bedliner that matches the body color? Opinions, pictures?

• Sponsors (?)

I would say black no matter what you do. Colored wheel wells in bedliner finish, I cant imagine that looking good.

If it was a show car type of deal that wasn't going to see much street, then paint it body color in the same finish.

Thanks for the reply. It will see a reasonable amount of street use which is why I'm going with the bedliner in the first place. As far as body color bedliner not looking good, I'm not sure, you're really not going to see all that much of it, so the question is does that little background glimpse look better in body color or black? I've been leaning towards black from the beginning but I figured I'd see what other have done.

the fenderwells on my sonic blue 65 are crustoleum royal blue,,, if the car is going red, why not going a deeper red? i think a nice marroon would set the red off pretty well. (mine are about 3 shades lighter than the body, and you dont really notice...

I think what 2+2GT said earlier makes sense, that doing body color or a variation as you did would work better for dark colors. Thanks for your input, I checked out your ride, very nice :nice: I have a very long way to go before mine is finished and on the road. Great having this site so I can think out loud.