Wheels and Tires

• Sponsors (?)

245/45ZR-17 said:
IMO standard should be 17x8's with 255/45ZR-17's.
Optional should be 18x9's with 275/40ZR-18's.

To me that would be perfect...but as usual Ford has to cut us short somehow... :(
Wouldn't it be more to the point of. As usual we are bashing Ford without knowing the reason? Since I don't think anyone on here knows exactly why the made the tire choices.

SVTdriver said:
Wouldn't it be more to the point of. As usual we are bashing Ford without knowing the reason? Since I don't think anyone on here knows exactly why the made the tire choices.
Yeah, I wonder that myself. We're so used to the SN95's that we automatically forgive them for all kinds of design decisions from Ford that are far worse than anything on the '05. Whoop-e-ding about the tires, how long do stock tires last anyway? And a significant number of us already put 18's and wider tires on our SN95's because they look like 4x4's. I guess it's a good sign if the only thing people can complaint about with the '05 is that the tires are not as wide or low profile as on the '04.

Dave

Realize that they have to appeal to the rest of the USA that gets snow... though even with that argument, I'd rather have wider rubber from the factory and buy a set of snow tires / wheels for the winter since 235 is less than optimal (though I haven't had too much of a problem on 225's). Meh... I guess they can't make us all happy. :)