When are they gonna make a convertible?

• Sponsors (?)

The convertible looks GREAT with the top down!! but the soft top just doesnt do the 05 body style any justice, simply because it takes away that retro feeling that we all love about 05!!

I love the vert, had a 2000 GT with the soft top and many people said the same thing, it messed up the lines of the car. I just think vert owners are a different breed than those of you drooling over the fastbacks. Vert owners don't buy cars to leave the top 'up' :D

So in one month? That would be perfect, but I wonder when the order forms will be available?

TxFrog1999 said:
I love the vert, had a 2000 GT with the soft top and many people said the same thing, it messed up the lines of the car. I just think vert owners are a different breed than those of you drooling over the fastbacks. Vert owners don't buy cars to leave the top 'up' :D

So in one month? That would be perfect, but I wonder when the order forms will be available?
Ive had 3 vert's the past 3 years, and it's not that I want to leave the top up,,,its just that where I live, you can put the top down 2-3 months a year,,,and some of those days its even too hot,,,
Dont get me wrong I love verts, specially Mustang verts,, all i was sayin is that the vert with the top UP doesnt do the retro look of 05 any justice,,,
with top down tho it looks GORGEOUS!!!!!

I agree the retro look is a bit off with the soft top, however look at the verts of the 60's. The 69-70 verts never looked like their fastback and sportsroof counterparts. I've been going back and forth over the vert for the last three months since the 05 came out and while I've been driving my wife's 2000 coupe for the last year since selling my GT I thought I had the top down bug out of my system. Unfortunately whenever we get some good weather here in North Texas I find myself longing to feel the wind wrap around me as I cruise down I-20... nope, I don't think I'll ever want to go back to a hard top again.

For me the look of a vert is how it appeals to me with the top down, not up. And you're right again, that 05 with the top down is gorgeous! I've already got my 2K down payment in the bank, now all I need is an order form :D

TxFrog1999 said:

ive read that some people already ordered verts
:shrug:

They're not that bad...

1redfirevert-4.jpg

1redfirevert-2.jpg