When Did '93 Cobra Intakes Get This Expensive?

• Sponsors (?)

Ive had this powdercoated cobra intake and valve covers on car almost 9 years still like how it looks. Probably holding back my stroker a couple HP but not torque.
Picture045-1.jpg~original.jpeg
PB084545.jpg
P1153219.jpg
P8294305.jpg

Attachments

• PB084545.jpg
    PB084545.jpg
    889.1 KB · Views: 112
  • P8294305.jpg
    P8294305.jpg
    860.5 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: 9 users
California guys....did you pass smog with the 93 cobra upper?
I would think it's possible, given that they sold '93 cobras in California, and I've seen several since I moved here. However, it would obviously be dependent on how crazy folks got with their cams, and whether they left the EGR system intact.

I remember asking what the intakes were worth last year

https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/save-or-sell.891317/

I sold it for around $600 so seems right. Btw it was the chinese one.

Wow. I sold mine for $450 in September and I thought I was robbing the guy. I really want another one "just in case" I think it's the best looking intake out there. I know I'm in the minority, but no matter how hard I try, I just don't like the tubular upper at all.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow. I sold mine for $450 in September and I thought I was robbing the guy. I really want another one "just in case" I think it's the best looking intake out there. I know I'm in the minority, but no matter how hard I try, I just don't like the tubular upper at all.

I agree on the looks of the Cobra. The thing that really makes it for me is the fact that it's the only intake that allows you to keep a functioning EGR without that ugly as hell bulky EGR spacer.

Reactions: 1 users
Even NOS Ford intake plaques for the Cobra intake are in the $150 range.

I will say, my LRS $50 repro looks pretty damn good though. I can't tell a difference.

Reactions: 1 user
Can't wait to see how it performs when I add a tmoss ported lower to the setup.
I had Ed Curtis port a lower for an old setup. It made 311 before that port job. Never got to dyno it again before a lady totaled that car out :(... It would be cool to see what a lower port job and nothing else gains.

I had Ed Curtis port a lower for an old setup. It made 311 before that port job. Never got to dyno it again before a lady totaled that car out :(... It would be cool to see what a lower port job and nothing else gains.

Unfortunately it won't be the only mod going on. TFS heads and likely an ed Curtiss custom cam will keep it company.

I want nice low end torque ⚾