when does Ford schedule build dates?

Mike McRann

Sep 23, 2004
Hello Everyone
As most of you know my car (05 Mustang GT-Premium with the IUP and spoiler) has been on a Temp Delay for at least three weeks (probably since I ordered the car which was a little over a month ago).

On the day I ordered the car (October 20) I was told it would be here in six weeks (early to mid December), but as I said before my car is on a delay and the build date is TBD.

What I was wondering is if anyone knows when Ford schedules the cars for production, and how far in advance of the build date is the scheduling?

The reason I ask is that Thanksgiving in in a couple of days so I was wondering if it's still possible that my car could be scheduled for production by the end of November/early December so that I could possibly get the car by the end of the year, or should I expect to get the car sometime in January?

At this point I don't think my car will be scheduled for production until January, but I thought I would ask anyway.

1ZVHT82H355127389 <--my vin number

• Sponsors (?)

every monday

they look at what the order is and based on how many they tweak the production line. big rumor that IUP option is causing delay since the supplier is having issues.

Yeah, I've noticed here and a few other forums of a lot of people with the IUP getting build dates of 12/6. They must be trying to catch up on all the old orders.

9/21 - Order Date and 12/6 - Build Date for me.
I've seen others from 9/26 to 10/30 getting the same build date.

i ordered my mineral grey deluxe GT with the IUP, shaker500 and no spoiler on 11/13. the order was confirmed 11/15, i have a call in to the dealer to see if there is a VIN# yet, i sure do hope that there is no delay. i would love to get the car before the end of the year. my friend will owe me a full tank of gas if it comes in this year.

Mike,

I order my Premium GT, White, 5-speed, side air bags, anti-theft, IUP interior, Shaker 500, Bullitt style mags, wheel locks and NO SPOILER on the next day from yours 10-21-04. It was on hold but I got my VIN# and scheduled build date 12-06-04 last week. Don't know anymore than that at this time. But like someone else stated...seems like a lot of them are being built on 12-06-04. :shrug: