Where can i find 2001 Cobra bumper inserts?

Busted07

I need my gorilla to be about an inch longer.
Nov 15, 2005
I work for a dealership, and ordered a set of the factory black decals for a 2001 cobra 'vert, and when i t got here, it didnt have the backing on it.. (ya know the film that sadwiches the letters... damn this is hard to explain... there is a film, then the letters, then another film on top so you can hold the letters up in place before you affix them to the bumper... anyone know what the hell im talking about? :D

• Sponsors (?)

nope... just like this...

View attachment 452476

the sticker i ordered had the letters stuck to a film.. what i need is that film on both sides, its a semi-transparent film so you can peel the sticky sides of the letters off, then hold the letters up and see where youre about to stick the letters.. just imagine the stickers being between 2 sheets of clear plastic.. you peel the bottom layer off, then hold the letters up, and place them on the bumper all at once... then you peel the outside layer off.

Oh! You're talking about bumper inserts. Those did not come stock on the car and I was unaware you could get them through Ford! Either way, none of them come as you describe, they all come with just a peel off film on the side with the adhesive. If you are worried about placement here's what I did...

1. Wash and wax the bumper.
2. Mix up a spray bottle with a water/dish soap solution.
3. Spray a small amount of solution on the area where you're applying the bumper insert.
4. Peel off adhesive backing and place into corresponding depression in bumper cover.
5. Adjust for proper placement.

U.M.

ass.jpg

Attachments

• ass.jpg
    ass.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 126
ok..well the way your describing it sounds like your talking about vinyl letters.. with the bottom sticky layer on paper, then the letter, then the tape over top of it to put it on whereever, but in the post above with pic.. I had those and it was just like a normal sticker, peel off the tape and bam stick it..

Maybe u could add some pics or something, cuz if there meant for the bumber it should have some kinda adhesive