Where can I find a 351C engine?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm confused as to why anyone would want a Cleveland in a an S197.

The 351 CJ (now referred to as the "351 4V") was rated at 255 hp (190 kW) in 1974 and was only installed in the Ford Ranchero, Ford Torino, Mercury Montego, and Mercury Cougar.

I have a 2006 mustang GT with the 3v 4.6l V8. My motor is on its way out the door. The transmission is literally garbage from the factory (5r55s). I want something unique as this car is no longer my daily driver. Wait I thought the 351C was in the 1970 Mustang Mach 1?

I have a 2006 mustang GT with the 3v 4.6l V8. My motor is on its way out the door. The transmission is literally garbage from the factory (5r55s). I want something unique as this car is no longer my daily driver. Wait I thought the 351C was in the 1970 Mustang Mach 1?

There were R and Q code engines that will cost you a mint. Doesn't make a ton of sense to pay a premium for one of these just to replace all the internals even [if] you could get your hands on one.

You will probably have a problem with smog and DMV if you want to drive it on the street .
I have a couple of 351 CJs,taken apart . I have closed chamber heads and open CJ heads from 72 -73 mustangs ,CJ BLOCKS ARE 4 BOLT MAINS AND NOT CHEAP

I live in South Carolina. No vehicle inspections of any kind here. If a Cleveland engine is a stretch. I will settle for a 351w but would rather keep searching for a Cleveland.

IF your just looking for a crazy alternative 460's are easier to find.

351 Cleveland is not an option anymore.. too expensive to build. I found a few 460 engines on eBay cheaper than the 351W! I’m going to the book store later to grab a few books on Small and big block fords and see what I can dig up. I really want a 6-71 blower with a 351w but I’m afraid it won’t have any kind of street manners whatsoever.

351 Cleveland is not an option anymore.. too expensive to build. I found a few 460 engines on eBay cheaper than the 351W! I’m going to the book store later to grab a few books on Small and big block fords and see what I can dig up. I really want a 6-71 blower with a 351w but I’m afraid it won’t have any kind of street manners whatsoever.
If you want agressive and street friendly in a stang , I'd go 302/351w, and no blower, if you have your heart set on old school.

I usually don't hang around here, I just cruze through once in a while to see what the members are up too. I'm from the old school, because of my age , and I like different, in your face, sticking through the hood unruly surging roots blower whining cruze'n around scaring small children and large animals! A 460 ci with a roots blower would be a good 'different' power plant for s197, there are enough of those blocks around and with a BDS or Weiand blower expect to spend 15 to 20 k. I say go for it, I would ask that you start a thread to document your build with pics, I'd follow it!