Where can I get side markers?

In order to meet strict regulations I have to install side markers on my GT. It's an understatement to say I'm not too excited about this.

I imagine I could take my GT emblems off on the LH/RH side and replace them with amber side markers.

Do you guys know about side markers with a low profile (so they don't stick out too much on the car). Maybe in clear or black glass casing?

• Sponsors (?)

Wouldn't those qualify more as a turn signal rather than a side marker? I think your idea of taking off the fender emblems and Using the existing holes is a god idea. I don't know if it is possible, but in 2002 Ford did make a few Cobras for Australia and they did come with side marker lights. Maybe you can call Ford and see if you can snag a set somehow.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/mustang-pictures/media/2613/1_2002-mustang-cobra-side.jpg

You're right - I ment to say turn signals.

Good idea you suggested about picking the Australian turn signals. I just wish they were slimmer and not so ... orange. Maybe there's a coating I can apply to make them darker/black without sacrificing too much of the light output.

I miss the US regulations. :rolleyes:

Didn't Ford sell the New Edge Mustang in Europe? If so, mightn't there be OE fenders or lighting you could adapt?

If not, you might look into those used on, say, MkIV Golf/Jetta cars from VW:

carwithnewwheels.jpg

Probably wouldn't be too hard to roach those repeaters on the front fenders onto your GT though you're probably looking at some bodywork -- holes and a bit of custom fab -- to hold them in place. The custom/aftermarket does make "smoked repeaters" that darken them quite a bit. Probably not TUV approved though...

Ford didn't start selling Mustangs in Denmark until 2005, but I think I found a solution today.

I came across a set of slim LED turn signals. It looks like the plastic piece on the back will fit perfectly into the hole used by the GT badge and with a little doublesided tape they should stick.

---

Does anyone know if there's access for pulling a wire through the hole where the GT badge sits and into the engine compartment?

Also, what would a good place be to attach the new wires to the current turn signal?

Thanks guys!

turnsignals.jpg

Car_Body.jpg

Take off your front wheels and th wheel well liner. There should be one peice of insulation in there towards the door. Remove it and you should have all the access you need to run a wire up to the front turn signals and tap into it. if they are LED, the draw should be negligible.

Good idea to tap into the headlights, that's what I ended up doing.

Using fish tape I was able to run wires from the front turn signals and all the way to the doors through the front fender wiring channels and I didn't have to disassemble anything :nice:.

I decided not to try and pull off my GT badges, because I didn't want to risk ruining the paint. Oh, and then I modified the (1 wattage) turn signals by removing the small raised plastic piece, so they were flush and I could position them anywhere.

Thanks all, I hope it goes through inspection tomorrow.

blinklys1.jpg

blinklys2.jpg