Where can oil and coolant mix???

This isnt on my mustang, but my saturn... anywho.. i swapped out the head gasket due to it blowing a few months back... and i flushed out the coolant and the oil, and added new to both.. when i checked it yesterday im like 2 quarts low, and i cant figure out why... any ideas?

oh, and its not leaking anywhere else

• Sponsors (?)

TheUser said:
been getting any blue smoke? Maybe you're burning oil. How do you figure oil and coolant are mixing? Did you put the PCV screen back in your lower intake?

i have no smoke at all... and this is on my saturn, not my stang... so it doesnt have a pcv screen.... when i poured oil in it on saturday, i put in the required 4 quarts. when i checked it today, it was 2 quarts low, and the coolant bottle was overflowing with what looked like milkshake

edit: i changed the head gasket because the old one had a hole in it, and it was doin almost the opposite, the coolant was getting into the oil.. but i put a new gasket on, and it seems like its still doin the same crap, but backwards... now the oil is getting into the coolant... im wondering if the block is warped... i got the head milled, so i know thats straight

IndyBlk5.0 said:
lol blown head gasket or intake gasket.

there isnt a gasket for the intake tho... the manufactures suggestions is to use red rtv to seal up the intake..... wait a minute... i think there is an oil passage on this little 4 bangers intake... but how would it be mixing with coolant there?

TrickFlow306 said:
there isnt a gasket for the intake tho... the manufactures suggestions is to use red rtv to seal up the intake..... wait a minute... i think there is an oil passage on this little 4 bangers intake... but how would it be mixing with coolant there?
so i take it there are no coolant passeges in the intake?
how hot did this thing get?
did you use the same head bolts?
did you have the head decked?
did you clean the surface of until it was spotless?

Headgasket or cracked block at this point.

on the intake, there are 4 intake ports that go in the head, and 1 small one that i thought was an oil passage

i had the head milled and checked for cracks and warpage.

it got hot enough to send the tem gauge needle past the H twice, for about 1 minute each time ( i wasnt driving, my girlfriend was on her way home from work)

i bought brand new head bolts, and torqued them to 42 ft pds per the manufacturers recommended torque

there were hardly any stains or leftover gasket material on the block surface, so i used carb cleaner and a scotch brite pad to clean it off.