Where did u get your code puller?

CivicEater

Jan 29, 2004
I am getting CE's every day and I am sure they are some of my drivabilty issues so I went to Walmart today to get one of those 25 doallr code pullers but didnt see any. Who uses one, and how happy are you with it? where di you get it? why do shops charge 70 bucks to bull codes when you could for 25?

• Sponsors (?)

why do shops charge 70 bucks to bull codes when you could for 25?

Why? Because instead of using those POS Wallmart code pullers we use expensive and accurate computer scanners. Go to the dealer and see how much they want to pull codes...Around here 70's a good price. If you pay $3500 for a scanner plus the cost of yearly updates you have to get some money out of it if that's the business you're in.

swingline said:
I don't see how one code puller could be any different from another so I would get the one from Wal-Mart. I am going to get one next paycheck.

What an IDIOT...They are located usually near the fog lights/electrical stuff/ fuses, Probably on the bottom shelf.

Mine is from Walmart and it's fine!
RC

A friend of mine bought one at a yard sale a mechanic was having. Its a $2500 Matco scanner that he bought for $25, does most makes. It's really nice to be able to use having to work on my dads lincoln, my lincoln and mustang, my moms Pathfinder, and my girlfriends Dakota. He rarely uses it, he has a carbed AMC Eagle. :rlaugh:

I got mine at Schuck's. You can basically pay what you want for them, and I have never heard of the cheaper ones being less accurate. Maybe more difficult to operate (counting beeps instead of reading a simple display), but not less accurate.

Jon