Where do you guys get your Mustang II parts?

cobra_2_76 said:
As far as your comment on the prices PHil charges, as the commercial says, you get what you pay for. If he's doing the work to accumulate a good supply of parts, buying cars, hitting salvage yards, aren't we paying for that service???

You also must not be watching the prices of parts for the late model Mustangs!!!

Agreed, but I think $70.00 for plastic push pins on the targa band is :bs:
I like Phil and he has helped a ton on my resto but :damnit: ouch!!

• Sponsors (?)

Mstng2 said:
Agreed, but I think $70.00 for plastic push pins on the targa band is :bs:
I like Phil and he has helped a ton on my resto but :damnit: ouch!!

I think that goes back to creativity on our part. He probably quoted NOS parts. But you know there are THOUSANDS of clips and pins out there, you just have to look around.

Most II's would be grounded unless most parts were interchangeable. We don't hesistate to install aftermarket guages, seat belts, wheels and tires, exhaust etc. Need to get creative and use our knoggens to find good sound alternatives as most of us are not restoring our II"s.

Dave

Agreed. I thought II prices were a bit steep till I got my Mopar. HA! Now I see why Mopar is what it is and the cars are high dollar! Then i get my '26 T and whew! building a Street Rod is a REAL scavenge hunt even when you have 85% of the car already. I've got more hours in catalog time and roaming swaps for certain parts than it took time to find parts for any of my II's and the Mopar.

As for the late model stuff, if it's newer than '80, I pay no attention to it.

Up until lately the old man and i would make our Saturday wrecking yard cruise. I can't seem to remember a weekend where we didn't score some finds and hauling out at least 2 wheel barrel loads to the truck. Use to spend min. 4-5 hours alone in one yard at times. E-bay is really no place to score 'real' deals. The real deals are still attached to the car (or the car itself) that you stumble across in a wrecking yard or someone else's yard. That's the truth. Granted, nowadays, you just have to look a little harder and be willing to pay just a touch more if you're in a rush for the parts.