Where does my oil go??

I have been into cars for 15 years, Mustangs for two and I know quite a few things but this one has stumped me. I have to add about a quart of oil every two to three weeks but I have zero drips and no smoking what-so-ever. So, where is all that oil going? If it were the piston rings, I would think that it would smoke and foul the plugs but the plugs are all clean and even a little white. Valve seals, same thing, smoke and fouling. I know there is no dripping. The motor and the underside is completely clean too. I like my car immaculate and I would notice a quart of oil on my motor. It's just not there. Drive way is drip free.

So, WTF. I do like to run it up to 5000-5200 frequently on the road. Could it just be breaking down? The oil has to go somewhere. Does anyone else have a similar problem?

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

10holelx nailed it

mustangs have weaker oil rings, and have the tendency to use oil. Don't worry about it, cause it shouldn't get any worse...I have 186k miles on my 5.0, and it's been using a quart every 600 miles for the last 85k miles or so. nothing to worry about, take care of it, and you'll get another 200k out of that engine.