Where have all the good driveshafts gone?

MustangVilla

Aug 29, 2007
Seems FRPP is not going to release one for us 05+ GTs...is Coast Driveline the only one? They are very pricey as well. Has this topice been beat to death or is it just me...not that I have been breat to death and very much want to keep it that way!

Anybody got any ideas or hookups?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I have a PowerHouse driveshaft and love it. It's not the cheapest at $699 though (I could have sworn it wasn't that much when I bought it :scratch: ). There are several options out there, but all of them are fairly pricey. You might want to check in to the Spydershaft, it's been a pretty popular unit and probably the best priced at around $479ish. You can check it out here... http://www.leonardracingproducts.com/

Basically, I would check out Coast, Powerhouse, and Spydershaft. I'm sure there are others out there, but those are the first that come to mind.

Edit: Whoops, I looked and it's $519, don't know what I was thinking.

Brenspeed is selling one made by Dynotech for $730.00 shipping included. Is there any reason that this one is so much more? Does anyone know if their is a weight difference or something like that. I have a manual so I don't have to worry as much about quality as the autos from what I am hearing so should I just go with the cheapest one?

Brenspeed is selling one made by Dynotech for $730.00 shipping included. Is there any reason that this one is so much more? Does anyone know if their is a weight difference or something like that. I have a manual so I don't have to worry as much about quality as the autos from what I am hearing so should I just go with the cheapest one?

As far as I can see the cheapest one IS the best one, in part because it does not use an "adapter" of any kind like most of the others do. If your car is lowered it fits perfectly you only need to check your pinion angle, and don't hae to move anything around just a simple bolt in. It comes with a new pinion flange.

If yoyu have any questions or reservations email RON at Leonaord Racing, he is way cool and will answer your questions.

http://www.leonardracingproducts.com/

I did notice after my post that the one Brenspeed is selling is good for 1000RWHP but I have no plans for getting anywhere near that, it looks like the Spydershaft is definitely an option for me, seems like everyone is happy with them. Thanks.

Does it work great on every car with an auto? Some guys are complaining about letting off the throttle at 120 mph and that's when they get the vibration.
thats usually a pinion angle issue. the autos are extra sensitive to changes in the driveline and suspension. i experienced the same thing when i first changed my LCA's. once i corrected the p/a it was fine. lowered cars are more apt to experience this since the p/a is altered when they are lowered.
the stock driveshafts absorb a lot of vibrations which is why ford used them in the first place. we have seen cars that had major problems with wheels/tires and gear setups that weren't noticeable until the new driveshaft was installed. once those problems were solved everything was fine.

Any hints on who those might be?:)

J/K can't wait for mine to get here. My last bolt on will be a torque converter...I think. Any ideas on that? Someone told me it depends on your mods and should be the last drivetrain thang you do. Is that smoke or truth?

As far a performance goes,

Diablo Sport Tuner
Stainless Works Long-tubes
Stainless Works X-pipe with hi-flo cats
Borla cat backs
FRPP 4:10s
TA Billet differential cover
Steeda UDP
BBK CAI
Sypdershaft (on order!!!!..also weight reduction))
Torque converter (maybe...)

Weight reduction,

Steeda Black Ultra-lites 18x9 on Nitto NT555s
VIS Heat Reduction Carbon fiber hood (could be performance as well)
Siebon deck lid with duck tail

Handling,

BMR Strut tower brace
Akebono ceramics on all four corners

and bling...not too much though.

So, TC or what????:shrug:

Any hints on who those might be?:)

J/K can't wait for mine to get here. My last bolt on will be a torque converter...I think. Any ideas on that? Someone told me it depends on your mods and should be the last drivetrain thang you do. Is that smoke or truth?

:

You will be pleased with the Spydershaft.

I am thinking about a converter too, I like the TCI stuff, they seem to have a big following.

How about racing tires?

EDIT: How about upper and lower rear Control Arms?