Where is it?

toyman

10 Year Member
Jul 19, 2007
Vernon BC
For the life of me I can't find a wiring reference for the cruise control module. Can someone point me in the right direction. I need to tap into the signal wire from the module for my digital dash to work with the AODE.

• Sponsors (?)

do you mean these?

cc.bmp

cc-2.bmp

cc-3.bmp

cc-4.bmp

cc-5.bmp

Just after I posted I saw those illustrations in the service manual (Was looking for a cruise control not speed control). Where I'm confused is, if I tap into the GY/BK wire the transmission won't shift out of first. The wiring instructions indicate that there are only 2 leads from the module, A signal wire (the one to be tapped into) and a ground. Perhaps the GY/BK I tapped into on the cluster harness wasn't the correct one. I'll have to pull the cluster again to confirm what wire was tapped into. It's a good thing that I left the original connectors functional and used a connector for all the changes.

are you tapping into the GY/BK on wire 679 at either connector 106 or splice 240 on diagram 31-2?

or ar you tapping into wire 145 on diagram 31-1? accorsing to the schematic, it is also GY/BK

sounds like wire 679 is more likely to be the one they want :shrug:

You're correct Richard. There is just 12V and ground to the unit. The buttons have different resistances, which is how the brain knows what button you pushed.

I can't help much but am curious. Is this for a speedo? If so, the VSS signal might be needed.........

Good luck and post up some pics!

The digital dash is a complete cluster to replace the stock one, speedo, tach, oil pressure with sending unit, voltmeter, fuel gauge and coolant temp with sending unit. Additionally, the speedometer can be calibrated for different gears and tire sizes and has high-speed recall, 0-60 time and 1/4 ET capabilities. The downside is the company (Nordskog) no longer exists as fall as I can determine.

That's what I figured - I was wondering if you needed to be in the CC wiring or the VSS wiring (I'd assume the latter for a speedo).

That's my dilemma. I'll have to try both. I haven't had time to open it up again and look to confirm but I'm sure I was in the VSS wiring. Here's how the instructions are worded. "Connect the GRAY wire on the Nordskog dash panel to the green wire with white stripe (can't find) on the cruise control module (note: not all models will have the green/white wire, but one wire from the cruise module will be the signal wire (that's the one I want) and one will be the ground wire). From the wiring diagrams above can anyone tell me which wire/pin on the Speed Control amplifier I need to make this work?

I saw the instructions. It looks like it covers mod motor cars so maybe that's where the wiring colors differ. :shrug:

It sounds like you, Chris and I all have the same thought. It looks like that gray/black wire might be the VSS output. It'd be real nice to have a wiring-color confirmation from instructions before hooking it up though. That's kinda frustrating.