Where is the cheapest place to buy magnaflow catback?

MattsYellow95GT

Jul 16, 2005
Well after going to the dyno and finding out out what i am putting down the guy there talked to me for a while about my car. One thing he said was he noticed the flowmaster mufflers and the stock catback and said im really holding back on power there he suggested a magnaflow catback. Now while most ppl think flowmasters are loud me personally it does not bother me however it would be nice to get something with a diff sound than every other 5.0 in my town. Just wanting to know would i pick up much power by swapping catbacks to a magnafow one. I do plan on getting a powerdyne blower in the future and he said if i ever do that the flowmasters would hold me back alot more. Is this true u think? Also i wanted to know where was the absolute cheapest place to buy a maganflow catback new. I have seen some ppl say they get them for like 350 shipped and all. thanks.

PS if anyone has an audio clip of a 94-95 with a o/r h and magnaflow exhaust please post it so i could hear it

• Sponsors (?)

i dynoed 254/291 but my mail order sct chip had me running way rich like 11:1 so i coulda squeezed out to about 265 or so they said had been running around 13:1 but i did not wanna getr a reburn and then have to do it again when i put my powerdyne blower on.

Moving from one aftermarket catback to another is not gonna be more than 2 to 3 rwhp difference when used on the typical stock block na street combo IMHO.

You just don't gain much from a catback with these kinds of combos.

Thats why the catback was last on my list of mods. Too much money for too little gain.

Grady

It had been awhile since i have ordered from them, but I recieved the Magnaflow catback for $350 shipped from.................

Am i allowed to post the place? Last time I was asked to delete the post.

PM me for website just incase

O, and with a supercharger, i have heard that gains of up to 10-15 on a supercharger application with straight-through mufflers, aka Magnaflows, vs chambered mufflers, aka Flowmaster. I have never tested this, but this is what i have heard from many people. Anyoneone else care to add or correct me?

Sorry for the delay I have been out of town.

Here is a pic from in back. Let me know if you want some from the side.

They look pretty good, but I think I would prefer 3" tips versus the 3.5".

Attachments

• MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 97