Where My Tachometer Read When I'm Doing 65?

joskie

Jul 14, 2015
Arizona
20150528_110833_resized.jpg
mustang.jpg
20150528_193244_resized.jpg
Hi all. I just recently purchased a 2008 4.0 mustang. The car has been (visually) turned into a GT. As far as I can see the only performance mod is a duel exhaust. The car has many upgrades but nothing under the hood. I was wondering where the tach should read when I'm doing 65mph? Mine is right at 2000rpm at 65. I just sold a 2008 Pontiac grand prix that when going 65 it was just barely over 1500rpm. Are these mustangs geared a little higher than most cars or do you think there may be a chance, which I doubt that the rear end gears have been changed at one time?

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the Forum! Nice looking car, the stripes are a nice touch.

As for the Tach, I can't answer that one, they've changed the gears a few times since then, and I never owned a 'stang in that model range.

However, I'm sure if you hunt down the forum that fits the year range of your car, you'll get a pretty good answer.

Welcome to the Forum! Nice looking car, the stripes are a nice touch.

As for the Tach, I can't answer that one, they've changed the gears a few times since then, and I never owned a 'stang in that model range.

However, I'm sure if you hunt down the forum that fits the year range of your car, you'll get a pretty good answer.

I will do that. Thanks a lot for the reply.