Where to buy black bumper inserts?

PSUPef2k

Founding Member
Jan 26, 2002
Bel Air, MD
Bumper inserts opinion?

I got rear ended a couple weeks back so I'm getting my bumper replaced, with a GT bumper! :D I want to try and get black, but the stainless steel ones look quite appealing. What are your thoughts on this. These are on mwspeedshop.com for 80 bucks.

9900steel.jpg

That is the exact color of my car, and since i'll have a GT bumper as well to go with my dual exhaust, that pic is pretty much what it will look like. Thoughts? Places to get them for cheaper then 80 bucks? Also, does anyone have black metal ones?

Attachments

• 9900steel.jpg
    9900steel.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 118
  • Sponsors (?)

Look close on eBay and you can find the black inserts that turn gold at night and reflect. They also have a 3rd brakelight decal that shows "MUSTANG" when you use the brakes.

I ordered the inserts from fordpower.net. Higher quality and cheaper price apparently. Got em for 70 total shipped. :dunno: not bad I guess. Can't wait for the work to be done and inserts on and everything. :D

:scratch: Ok, now this doesn't seem to be the opinion of anyone else, and I can respect that. BUT....I think the bumper inserts look a bit tacky. I mean, I was really disappointed that Ford's sport package for the V6 includes those inserts. IMO, and strictly IMO, not trying to flame, but, I think it makes the whole car look...well...cheap. My Stang is black and I could just never picture it with inserts w/o it looking like some rice Stang. :( Man, I know I'm gonna be flamed for this post, but that's just my $.02 ok, not the rule or apparently, even the majority. :D

Mean03V6 said:
:scratch: Ok, now this doesn't seem to be the opinion of anyone else, and I can respect that. BUT....I think the bumper inserts look a bit tacky. I mean, I was really disappointed that Ford's sport package for the V6 includes those inserts. IMO, and strictly IMO, not trying to flame, but, I think it makes the whole car look...well...cheap. My Stang is black and I could just never picture it with inserts w/o it looking like some rice Stang. :( Man, I know I'm gonna be flamed for this post, but that's just my $.02 ok, not the rule or apparently, even the majority. :D

I can see your point on this, I'm not saying I agree with you though. I'm more the opisit opinion on it though. I think a car without the inserts looks ricey since you can tell the car never came with dual exhaust and was added on. Now I'm not trying to flame anyone on but I can see the bumper inserts over a Cobra front bumber or Mach 1. Also to me a dual exhaust would some how mess up the paint etc on a non bump insert car, I know it sounds weird. Now if people ran a dual exhaust with turn downs on a non bump insert car that would be sweet I think also :nice: That way they where kinda hiden just up under the bumper looking all sleeperish, which I'm all for sleepers :D

97v6Silver said:
i never seen one wih factory inserts...

Since you're always short with me, I'll return the favor...ever see a 03 + with a hood scoop and pony logo graphics down the sides? Check the back bumper........I never get tired of the same people on here telling me I'm full of $hit. :nonono:

Hey Guys .... FYI ...

The Stainless letters sold on MW and FordPower and Stangnet (Pro3i) are the identical product made by the same company. (not talking about vinyl).

I always suggest to people to support the message board or company that you participate in. Sites like these are EXTREMELY expensive to run and require the support of sales to continue.

In other words, if you want stainless letters and Stangnet is your favorite message board/site, then go to the "Part Shopper" and buy them there!

PS - thanks for all the kind words folks!!!! We just passed our 5th year in the stainless letter production industry :)