where to buy manual steering rack?

• Sponsors (?)

I'll take a pic of my brackets. You just use the A/C belt tensioner in the place of the regular belt tensioner and romve all the pump and related items.

I was looking last night and an excellent source for a flaming river rack is ebay. You can find them for $157 but you need the steering shaft to make it work.

I have been working at a parts store for the past year and some and I have been looking at this dilemma myself.

I did not think the 87 was availiable without power steering.

I did find for a 1982 but it more expensive to get the manual rack than the power rack by a factor of about 3

I could probably find a serpentine belt that is the length needed but need the measurement without the PS pump.

And yes this is a parts store that has these "book" things that I look through.

thats ok I worked at autozone for 4 years. I felt like I was the only one using those book things. As apposed to "I'm sorry I can't find it in the computer. We can't get it" That place can get damn near anything from anybody if the person isn't lazy.

Just an FYI on this one. I looked up a manual rack for an 87 Stang and it was there. It is actually a bit more expensive than the power steering rack.

Cost for a Remanufactured PS rack was about $100 and cost for a remanufactured Manual rack was about $130.

Input shaft sizes were different too. The Manual rack had a 9/16 shaft whereas the PS rack had a 5/8 shaft.